Melbourne, Australia, January 02, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Free activity kit for the holidays: Get your yuck on!
To celebrate the recent release of digital children’s stories, The Yuckies, the creators have put together a free activity kit for parents and program facilitators to download these holidays.
The Yuckies is an Australian digital children’s series, which uses muck, goo and mischief to educate kids about the environment.
Stories 1 and 2 of the series were released in 2012 and are available as apps for the iPad and iPhone (search ‘Yuckies’ in the App Store).
Like the stories, the activity kit is aimed at 5-8 year olds and contains:
- A word game
- A maze
- Two activity sheets that help children learn how they can stop the mucky Yuckies
- A That’s Yucky Game – play alone or in groups. Includes stickers to print out but the game can be played without them
To download the free kit:
1. Go to the dropbox folder via this link (copy and paste it into your browser):
2. Click on the first document in the list of four
3. Click on the ‘download’ button near the top right
4. Open or save the document and wait for it to download
Repeat steps 2-4 for the other documents in the folder.
The Yuckies story apps offer ‘read to me’ and ‘read by myself’ options and include fun sound effects to keep children engaged and interested.
The apps focus on the importance of the story rather than advanced animation or interactivity and writer/producer Bridget Cull says the hand-drawn illustrations are an important feature.
“Rather than use digital illustrations and colour, The Yuckies story apps are hand-drawn and painted, retaining the look and feel of hard copy picture books that we remember from our own childhood days.”
For more information about The Yuckies story apps or activity kit, follow them on facebook (facebook.com/TheYuckies) or email email@example.com