Andover, MA, January 31, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Aras®, the leading enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solution provider, today announced that the company achieved a fifth consecutive year of record global growth led by Asia which realized a 160% increase in sales in 2012. The company’s strong performance was driven by the continued global expansion, accelerating adoption of the Aras PLM platform around the world and a series of innovative new product releases.
“We believe that the PLM market is undergoing a fundamental transformation where open architectures and modern Web technology are redefining PLM scalability and performance,” said Peter Schroer, President of Aras. “Our continued global growth and momentum are the direct result of mainstream adoption of our advanced PLM technology around the world.”
As reported by the analyst firm Gartner in their November report: Gartner Predicts 2013 “Disruptive business models and evolving software priorities will transform the product design and lifecycle management software market by year-end 2016.” With next generation PLM technology and a subscription-based business model that eliminates PLM license expenses, Aras is well positioned to redefine the future of the global PLM market.
Aras 2012 Highlights & Milestones:
- Achieved 5th year of record growth
- More than 67,000 downloads in 130 countries
- Joined the 3D PDF Consortium as a founding member
- Became a signatory member of the Codex of PLM Openness
- New strategic wins at ConAgra Foods, Honda, Hitachi, JAMCO, Kinnerton Confectionery, Mitsubishi, Petroleum Geo-Services, Seiko Epson, Sumitomo and others worldwide
- Named PLM industry expert and former head of SAP PLM Japan, Masahiko Hisatsugu, as President of Aras Japan
- Launched Aras Japan subsidiary
- Grew global partner network to include representation in more than 40 countries including new partners Aimnext, DIPRO, Integware, NobleTek, SCSK Corporation, SEEBURGER AG and vdR Group
- Became the first enterprise PLM provider to enable on Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Made multiple major product releases including Aras EPLM for SolidWorks EPDM, Aras VPLM for Autodesk Vault and Aras Requirements Management
- Received new solution contributions from Carestream Health, COMPAL, ECCO, Gentex, GETRAG Ford Transmissions, Lear, Maxion Wheels, Mitsubishi, NSK, Sandia National Laboratories and numerous others
- Announced availability of exciting new Cloud-Based data replication technology from Ilesfay
Aras is the leading provider of enterprise open source Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software solutions. Freedom from licensing eliminates up-front expenses and per user costs while superior technology makes Aras the most advanced enterprise PLM solution suite available. Customers include Motorola, Freudenberg, GE, Hitachi, Lockheed Martin, Textron and TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Aras is privately held with global headquarters in Andover, Mass. For additional information visit www.aras.com or follow us on Twitter @aras_plm
Product and service names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.