Melbourne, Australia, February 14, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Next Marketing has started the year with a list of social media predictions for B2B organisations for the 2013 calendar year. The Melbourne-based Marketing Agency said that there were a number of developments in 2012 in B2B social media marketing that unless capitalised in 2013 will have significant implications for B2B marketers.
Marketing consultant Jo Macdermott, head of Next Marketing, outlined the following predications -
· The trend towards more visual presentation of social media marketing will require most marketers to branch out from mostly written subject matters to more visual content.
· Getting in depth - Businesses who have so far resisted going too in-depth with social media marketing will need to a re-think this as social media use is expected to increase in 2013.
· Expectations on the rise - social media users’ expectations of receiving original and useful content are predicted to continue to rise.
· Going mobile - mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones continue to increase in popularity, therefore making sure that content is mobile-accessible is something that is likely to become even more important in 2013.
· Data mining and analysis - is expected to become more comprehensive this year, as more businesses get to grips with the technology, and the potential of social media to help them gain a better understanding of their customers.
· Social media advertising - is still a relatively underused medium, and one that can be expected to increase in the next year as more businesses move from pay per click to social media platforms to help generate leads, and expand.
“Social media is constantly evolving, and staying current is essential if organisations want to make the most of the new marketing opportunity,” said Jo Macdermott, Marketing Consultant, Next Marketing.