Caldwell, NJ, September 29, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Holistic Moms Network (www.holisticmoms.org) will soon be hosting their 10th Annual Natural Living Conference and Gala Awards at the Sheraton in Mahwah, New Jersey on October 12th, 2013. The conference is held annually to share information on holistic living and parenting and draws between 300 and 400 attendees, exhibitors and sponsors. This is the first year they’ll also be hosting a Gala Awards event in the evening to honor some of the most renowned leaders in the movement.
The Holistic Moms Network is a national non-profit organization that connects parents interested in holistic health and green living. This year's conference keynote speakers are Dr. Shefali Tsabary, Ph.D, expert on mindful living and author of the award-winning book, “The Conscious Parent,” prefaced by HH The Dalai Lama and Jeffrey Smith, renowned advocate and expert on GMOs, international bestselling author and filmmaker, and executive director of the Institute for Responsible Technology.
Workshop speakers include:
● Andrea Donsky - Registered Holistic Nutritionist (R.H.N.), co-founder of The Healthy Shopper Inc. and Naturally Savvy Media, and author of “Unjunk Your Junk Food”
● Laurie Evans - Anti-circumcision activist and Director of the New York Hudson Valley Chapter of the National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers
● Barbara Loe Fisher - Vaccine expert, activist, and author and co-founder and president of the National Vaccine Information Center
● Philip Memoli, DDS - Holistic dentist, author of “The Patient's Guide to Holistic Dentistry,” and one of the leading authorities on the subject
● Lawrence Rosen, MD - Integrative pediatrician, co-author of “Treatment Alternatives for Children,” and founder of one of the country’s first “green” pediatric practices, The Whole Child Center
And, the evening’s awards gala will also feature:
● Peggy O’Mara - Editor and publisher of Mothering magazine for the past 29 years and author of “Natural Family Living, Having a Baby Naturally, and Quiet Place”
● Jeffrey Hollender - Eco-entrepreneur, author, activist, and co-founder and former CEO of Seventh Generation
● Gary Null, Ph.D. - Talk radio host, author, and expert on alternative and complementary medicine and nutrition
"This year’s events bring together some of the brightest minds in the movement to examine some of the biggest issues in natural parenting," says Holistic Moms Network founder and Director Nancy Massotto, Ph.D. “Today’s families are negotiating a complicated terrain filled with cultural divisiveness and myriad health issues and these events are sure to inspire and empower everyone involved to create a healthier, happier future for our children.”
The annual event unites members and attendees from across the country who share an interest in holistic living and parenting. Community-building and support are at the heart of the Holistic Moms Network’s mission. “Connecting parents to each other, as well as to experts who can educate them and companies they can trust, all helps them to make positive lifestyle changes,” said Massotto.
In addition to the speakers and awardees, the events will feature natural products industry leaders and sponsors such as Organic Valley, the largest cooperative of organic farmers in the United States, and Boiron, world leader in homeopathic medicine. The Natural Living Conference also includes a Holistic Exhibit Hall with a wide range of vendors offering products and services for families looking for organic and green lifestyle options.
To learn more about these events, visit annualconference.holisticmoms.org.
About the Holistic Moms Network:
The Holistic Moms Network is a national, membership-based and managed, non-profit organization with more than 100 chapters across the US. The organization is headquartered in Caldwell, New Jersey and launched its first chapter in 2003 in Essex County, NJ. The purpose of the Holistic Moms Network is to provide awareness, education, and support for holistic parenting and to offer a nurturing, open-minded and respectful community for parents to share these ideals. Members’ interests include: natural health and wellness, nutrition and organic whole foods, integrative/alternative medicine, natural childbirth and breastfeeding, positive parenting, and non-toxic, eco-friendly living. Members can participate in educational meetings, local playgroups, and social events in local chapters across the United States. For more information, please visit: www.holisticmoms.org or contact HMN at 877-HOL-MOMS.