Fort Myers, FL, October 11, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- Our Mother’s Home of Southwest Florida, Inc. hosts their 4th annual Hearts of Love Gala featuring a stunning performance by the famous Flying Wallendas on Saturday, February 22, 2014. The event takes place at 6 p.m. at the Sanibel Harbour Resort. In addition to an unforgettable opportunity to see the Flying Wallendas, attendees will enjoy food, drinks, music, and exciting live auctions. Tickets are $150 per person until January 15, 2014 and $175 after this date. Sponsorships and advertising opportunities are available for local individuals and businesses that wish to support Our Mother’s Home. All proceeds benefit Our Mother’s Home in their life-saving mission of keeping teen mothers and their children together in a safe and supportive environment.
The funds raised at this event will go toward supporting the teen mothers who seek refuge at Our Mother’s Home. The organization provides these teen moms a safe and loving home where they can learn to love and respect themselves and their children, as well as the resources to become self-sufficient and productive members of society. The Florida Department of Children and Families provides assistance for the girls, but not their babies. Our Mother’s Home receives 52% of the funding they need from DCF, and the other 48% of necessary funds must be raised in order to help support these teen mothers.
The 4th Annual Hearts of Love Gala offers the community an opportunity to support this valuable cause. The gala event will include one hour of hors d’oeuvres and an open bar, a 3-course dinner with wine, and live auctions, followed by music and dancing. Our Mother’s Home will also present their annual Graduate of the Year and Mother of the Year awards. The highlight of the evening will be a featured performance by the talented stunt performers, The Flying Wallendas. This unique opportunity to enjoy food, fun, cocktails, and a must-see performance is all in support of Our Mother’s Home, an organization working toward making a positive impact in the lives of teen mothers who are in the foster care system or the victims of human trafficking.
“The Hearts of Love Gala is our biggest fundraising event of the year. The community contributions raised at this gala help Our Mother’s Home continue to provide vital services to foster teens and human trafficking victims that want to keep and raise their children in a supportive environment,” says Karen Watson, Executive Director of Our Mother’s Home of Southwest Florida, Inc.
For tickets or information on sponsorship and advertising opportunities, visit www.ourmothershome.com or call 239-267-4663
About Our Mother’s Home of Southwest Florida, Inc.
Our Mother’s Home of Southwest Florida is a non-profit organization that aims to break the cycle of foster care and generational poverty by providing teen mothers, ages 12-18, who are in the foster care system or victims of human trafficking and other traumas, with a safe and nurturing home where they can learn to love and care for themselves and their children, while becoming productive members of society. As a privatized 501(c)3 organization, Our Mother’s Home raises 50 – 60% of its own funding to provide teen mothers with a supportive environment to stay with their children, learn life skills, and finish their education through its Mentored Living Program. There are no federal, state or city funding provided for the infants of the teen mothers. They depend heavily on dedicated volunteers, and contributions of funds, commodities and services. With over 200 mothers and children being helped over its 13 years of operation, Our Mother’s Home continues to be a model for success in decreasing the rate of children in foster care. For more information, call (239) 267-4663, email email@example.com, or visit http://www.ourmothershome.com.