Pasadena, CA, January 22, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- GreenSoft Technology, Inc., a leading provider of environmental compliance data services and software, has released a Browser Edition of GreenSoft’s award-winning GreenData Manager (GDM) software. This new version extends the functionality of the software through almost any Web browser.
GreenData Manager Browser Edition (GDM-BE) is a Web application that provides access to data in GDM Workgroup Edition (GDM-WE). All component data management as well as regulation management are conducted through GDM-WE. BOM import and BOM-level compliance reporting are conducted through either GDM-WE client-side users or browser-based users.
Some benefits of the Browser Edition:
- GDM-BE is an efficient way to provide key features of GDM to multiple and simultaneous users.
- Users in various groups—sales, marketing, customer service, and engineering—can now have access to information inside GDM-WE without having to learn or install GDM or requiring IT support.
- GDM-BE also provides the ability to extend access GDM-BE pages to your ERP/PLM. Add a column in your ERP/PLM and populate the column with hyperlinks provided by GDM-BE. These hyperlinks will allow direct access to GDM-BE pages, such as compliance status of components or BOMs, or compliance reports for BOMs.
- GDM-BE allows users to schedule and repeat the generation of compliance reports. Schedule report generation over the weekend so that reports are fresh every Monday.
- GDM-BE caches generated reports so users can quickly look up past reports or generate a new one on the fly.
- GDM-BE brings high-level compliance statistics on suppliers, items and BOMs so that information can be gleaned quickly. The intuitive interface presents data in charts and drilldown is easy.
- GDM-BE can also export most on-screen information to Excel for further analysis and reporting.
“The new Browser Edition of GreenData Manager software extends what we provide customers through the enterprise,” says Larry Yen, GreenSoft’s president. “The Browser Edition provides fast, worldwide access to the Workgroup Edition. And the cost of the Browser Edition is significantly lower than other options.”
For more information about GreenData Manager Browser Edition and GreenSoft’s suite of data collection services, please visit www.greensofttech.com
About GreenSoft Technology, Inc.
GreenSoft Technology is a leading provider of environmental compliance content management tools and services for the global electronics industry. GreenSoft data management services streamline development cycles, cut procurement costs, reduce risk, and aid in environmental compliance reporting. GreenSoft’s GreenData Manager software provides an out-of-the-box compliance management solution for manufacturers. GreenSoft is ISO 9001:2008 certified and is headquartered in Pasadena, California. For more information, visit www.greensofttech.com.