New York, NY, February 28, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- While it may seem a mystery to some, powerful and successful public relations is just as much a science, as it is an art. For top PR firms in NYC, a systematic approach to designing public relations programs and implementing meaningful media relations is the backbone to success.
One of the nation’s leading travel and luxury lifestyle public relations firms, Abelow PR
, is offering insider tips on five ways for publicists to enhance their media relations efforts and garner greater results for clients.
Here are a few pointers for PR professionals looking to garner great results for clients:
1. Be Creative and Diligent -- PR is a science, and like any discipline, there is an artistic side to it. Successful public relations involves both creativity and out-of-the-box brainstorming, as well as diligence and hard work. It’s imperative for public relations professionals to show dedication to rolling out the campaign in a systematic fashion, while also responding in a timely manner to news that emerges affecting the client. Ultimately, media results are the bottom line and the top indicator of an agency’s success.
2. Earn the Ear of Editors and Key Reporters -- Becoming a trusted source for the press is essential. Feed journalists the news regarding your client in palatable, bite-sized, but captivating way. Politely follow up on your pitches via phone and email with further information, continuously keeping your client at the front of the press’ mind offering a variety of story angles to appeal to their interests. Then, when the Managing Editor of Conde Nast Traveler wants to shoot an elephant on the beach in Goa at your client’s resort for the cover of Conde Nast Traveler, you deliver. Coming through for the press and responding to their requests in a timely, efficient manner, brings results for your clients.
3. Always Tell The Truth To Press and Clients – Always be truthful in your correspondences with journalists. Veracity is king when it comes to media relations and fostering relationships with key journalists is essential to your long-term success. Communicate honestly with your client regarding your correspondences with journalists, letting them know what you find to be story angles that spark the press’ interest most. Open, honest communication is the key to fostering team synergy in a world where client, publicist and press rely upon one another.
4. Watch the News Cycle and Sell Relevant Stories – See what’s in the news that is topical and piggyback on the hook. That way your news is useful to the press, and most of all, timely. Subscribe to feeds by the New York Times and the Huffington Post and follow them religiously. You may discover angles that relate to your client that you haven’t thought of before.
5. Write Clear Concise Copy That’s Pithy -- Press and bloggers are looking for easy ways to digest news. When you consider that the press have hundreds of pitches flooding their inbox each day, it is easy to understand how essential it is to use short, opening paragraphs followed by bullets, in pitches that are custom tailored to the reporter. To strengthen your efforts and reach reporters in meaningful ways show the reporters that you care -- read their columns and see what they write about, because they will disregard what is not in their beat, and pay attention to what is.
For more information visit www.abelowpr.com.