London, United Kingdom, March 07, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The very best in the medical tourism sector have been celebrating today following last night’s announcement of the winners in the inaugural International Medical Travel Journal (www.imtj.com
) Medical Travel Awards.
The awards celebrate improvement, innovation and excellence in the medical travel, medical tourism and health tourism industry. Unlike previous awards in the sector, the IMTJ awards have been judged by an independent panel of medical travel experts, chaired by IMTJ Managing Editor, Keith Pollard.
The awards were presented last night (5th March) by Keith Pollard at a high profile reception in Dubai during the International Medical Travel Exhibition and Conference
(IMTEC), which brings together the pre-eminent providers and experts in medical travel and medical tourism.
The 2014 winners are:
· Destination of the year: Jordan
· International hospital of the year: Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Specialist international patient centre of the year: HCA International, UK
· International dental clinic of the year: Imperial Dental Specialist Centre, Malaysia
· Best marketing initiative: UPMC, USA
· Excellence in customer service: Apollo Health City, India
· Medical travel agency of the year: Pathway International, Kenya
· International infertility clinic of the year: Prince Court Medical Centre, Malaysia
· Best medical travel web site: Specialist Dental Group, Singapore
· Sanjiv Malik Lifetime Award (Individual): Curtis Schroeder
Chairman of the judging panel and Managing Editor of IMTJ Keith Pollard says the awards celebrate the best providers in the industry and aim to encourage others to strive to match them:
“Medical travel is an exciting and growing global industry, with many providers delivering excellence in both medical care and customer service. The IMTJ Medical Travel Awards are the first independent awards to recognise those who are the best of the best and hopefully to encourage others to emulate them. The judges wanted to reward innovation and excellence, highlight best practice and celebrate those who are leading the way in the industry and delivering successful outcomes for patients.
“All our winners exemplify the way the medical tourism industry should be run – professional, offering exceptional patient care and providing the best possible medical outcomes. I’m already looking forward to next year’s awards in the hope that other clinics and companies will have raised their game to match or even better this year’s winners.”