LaGrange, IN, March 19, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Linking Michiana has gathered employers from various cities in Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan to meet potential employees at their 3rd Annual Job Fair at Howe Military Academy. Job seekers of all ages are invited. Whether you are looking for your first job, have years of experience, or exploring career options – this may be the perfect occasion for you. High school seniors could also benefit from attending, because several employers will be seeking to fill additional full time positions coming available this summer. Bring your resumes and dress as you would for a job interview.
While this annual hiring event helps area job seekers gain employment, it also raises money for Howe Military Academy’s Scholarship Fund. A special addition to Linking Michiana’s job fair is the laptop station set up by PMC Computers & Surveillance, of Kendallville, Indiana, for job seekers to apply for positions online.
If you are a Hoosier veteran, a Veteran’s Employment & Training Advisor from WorkOne Northeast will be available to answer questions and explain their services.
Whether you are looking for new job, or better job – job seekers from Southern Michigan and Northern Indiana are encouraged to attend.
Day & Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Times: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
Location: Howe Military Academy, Major Merritt Dining Hall – 5755 Indiana 9, Howe, Indiana
1. Stark Farms - Sturgis, Michigan – 150+ youth for detasseling, must be at least 14 years old. Stark Farms also is in need of bus drivers.
2. Employment Plus - Sturgis, Michigan & Elkhart, Indiana – 250 openings
3. American Axle Manufacturing - Three Rivers, Michigan – 100 hourly and 20 salary
4. Angel Corps - LaGrange, Indiana – Home Health Aides, Attendants, Companions/Homemakers
5. Wells Fargo Bank - LaGrange, Indiana – approximately 20 openings in Northern Indiana
6. ProResources - Kendallville, Indiana – 100+ openings in Northern Indiana – light & heavy industrial and skilled workers
7. Bowen Center - LaGrange, Indiana
8. Aerotek Staffing - Fort Wayne, Indiana – Assembler, Maintenance Tech, Quality Engineer, Warehouse Worker, Recruiter/Sales Trainee, MIG Welder, CMM, Automation Technician, and Test Engineer.
9. Northeastern Center - Kendallville, Indiana – professional/health care
10. VCI, Inc - Sturgis, Michigan
11. EmploymentGroup - Kalamazoo, Michigan – openings in Mendon, Constantine, Three Rivers & Kalamazoo, Michigan
12. Howe Military Academey Summer Camp - Howe, Indiana – seasonal summer jobs
13. Miller Poultry - Orland, Indiana – Skilled Maintenance, Leads, and Production Workers for 1st and 2nd shifts.
14. Advance Employment - Three Rivers, Michigan – 60 positions – CNC set up, CNC operation, Machine Operators, Break Press Operators, and Quality Inspections
15. PayServ Staffing - Angola, Indiana – light industrial, assembly, clerical, heavy manufacturing, general labor
16. Elwood Staffing - Sturgis, Michigan & Angola, Indiana – 100+ positions -general labor, forklift, material handling, production supervisors, clerical, welding, CNC, mechanics
17. People Link Staffing - Ligonier & Bristol, Indiana – 140 employment opportunities
18. Lennard Ag - Howe, Indiana – General Labor, Operators: machines & farm equipment, Truck Drivers: CDL & Non CDL
19. Van Buren Hotel - Shipshewana, Indiana – housekeeping, front desk, and breakfast
20. Elite Logistics – Ligonier, Indiana – seeking 15 – 20 welders and 35 production workers for Tenneco
21. GT Independence – Sturgis, Michigan – seeking Management Trainees, Accountants, Customer Service Associates
22. Das Dutchman Essenhaus – Middlebury, Indiana – seeking to fill various positions all shifts
23. Leaders Staffing – Kendallville, Indiana – Forklift Operators, Assembly, Color Matchers, Maintenance, Paint Mixers, Machine Operators, Quality Inspectors, Leads/Supervisors, Painters, Welders, Process Engineers, and Safety Engineers.
24. Riegsecker Marketplace – 130+ seasonal and year-round employment opportunities – for teens and adults! Seeking to fill positions for: Blue Gate Restaurant, Hitching Post Frozen Yogurt, Gift Stores, Blue Gate Theater, Blue Gate Garden Inn, Shipshewana Furniture Company, and Riegsecker Cabinet Company.
25. ARC of LaGrange County – Howe, Indiana – part & full time positions. – Service Coordinator, Direct Support Staff: program, classroom, and workshop, and Respite Care.
26. Nishikawa Copper, LLC – Topeka, Indiana – Ready to fill 45 positions: General Production, Leaders, Machine Maintenance, Shipping & Receiving, and Extrusion.
27. Goodwill Industries – Sturgis, Michigan – Retail
Educational & Information Services
Wesleyan University - Marion, Indiana and 18 career opportunities
Impact Institute - Free Adult Education Classes to help adults get their GED.
Trine University - Sturgis, Michigan – Education
WorkOne Northeast - Veteran’s Employment & Training Advisor
South Bend Vet Center - Support & outreach for veterans and their families.
Non Profit Groups
New Hope Club House - Kendallville, Indiana – an organization affiliated with the Northeastern Center, that helps the mentally ill gain employment and reach educational goals.