Maryland Military and Veteran Women Business Conference Call for Award Nominations
Baltimore, MD, April 01, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Maryland Military & Veteran Women Business Conference is currently soliciting nominations for the 2014 Roll Call Awards. The awards recognize businesses, government agencies, corporations, organizations and/or individuals who have made significant contributions to enhance the quality of life and grow entrepreneurship for veterans, active duty military and their families. The winners will be presented at the annual conference on June 4, 2014 at Morgan State University. The awards will be presented in the following categories:
• Hero Award – Salutes a veteran, business and/or organization that demonstrate extraordinary commitment and service to veterans that makes a significant, life-changing impact on the community.
• Student Veteran Award – Honors a current female veteran college student who demonstrates leadership, scholarship and personal integrity applied unselfishly throughout the campus community.
• Woman Veteran of the Year – recognizes a woman, veteran business owner who has demonstrated exemplary military service, community service and support for veterans in the community.
• Veterans in the Community – salutes veteran business owners making a significant impact in their neighborhoods, community and to this country through volunteerism.
• Organization Supporting Women Veteran Entrepreneurs – recognizes government agencies, non-profits, academic institutions and private industry for expanding opportunities to woman, veteran-owned businesses that go above and beyond the standard.
The completed nomination form and all supporting materials must be submitted by 4:30 PM on Friday, May 8, 2014. The nomination forms can be obtained at www.marylandwomenvets.com.
The conference is designed to ignite entrepreneurial synergy by bringing together military personnel, business owners, emerging entrepreneurs, organizations, government agencies and the private sector representatives to share best practices and provide resources on how to do business together. The one-day symposium is hosted by the Entrepreneurial Development Center at Morgan State University, DPN Group, LLC. and supported by the Maryland Department of Veteran Affairs.