Hero Helpers of America, Inc. & Heartillery Group Join Together to Fulfill Urgent Requests for Our Troops in Afghanistan
Norwood, MA, April 06, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Hero Helpers of America, Inc. and Heartillery Group have joined efforts to fulfill requests from military service members of items they are running low on. In an email sent to Hero Helpers of America, items in high demand are basic essentials and simple items such as shampoo, protein bars, mixed nuts and dried fruit to snack on. Both organizations have called this personal mission Hero Heart Collection and will be accepting items until June 22nd, 2014. The collection will be the first of many projects the two nonprofit organizations have planned. Both organizations are asking for schools, businesses, clubs/organizations and the community to contribute immediately in the form of greeting cards, care package items and/or financial donations.
“There are still thousands of military men and women currently stationed in Afghanistan and it is our duty to do our part and make sure we can take care of them. This is a simple and effective solution,” said Eliopoulos, Founder of Hero Helpers.
“When Lauren shared the news, I didnʼt hesitate. We came together and created a solution. These men and women serve and sacrifice for us so its important to be of service for them in return,” said Spencer, Founder of Heartillery Group.
This collection hits very close to home for these two women and their families. After Spencerʼs husband Scott has been in Afghanistan for over 11-months, he is scheduled to return home in late March where a welcome home gathering is scheduled to celebrate the return of him and his Unit by Avon VA Post 8892. Meanwhile, Eliopoulosʼ younger brother, a 19-year-old active Marine currently in pre-deployment leave will be on his way over to Afghanistan in April.
In the meantime, Lauren and her brother George expect to be working on the Hero Heart Collection. Both Eliopoulos and Spencer have plans for Scott and George meet. This is Hero Helpers and Heartillery Groupʼs first time teaming up. Both have sent numerous packages and cards on their own in the past several months. Hero Helpers of America sent over 11,000 holiday cards this past winter while Heartillery Group accomplished over 20,000 cards in their recent Valentineʼs Day Card Collection.
The deadline for all cards and items is Sunday, June 22, 2014, however both organizations accept donations all year round.
For more information on Heartillery Group and Hero Helpers of America, please go to http://www.heartillerygroup.com/ or http://www.herohelpersofamerica.org/
For questions regarding group collections with your school, company, or organization, please email info@HeroHelpersofAmerica.org or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Mail Items To:
Hero Helpers of America, Inc.
PO BOX 352
Mansfield MA 02048
• Cards can be homemade or store bought.
• Write a simple and kind note inside each card along with your signature(s).
• Use generic salutations such as 'Dear Service Member.'
• Cards addressed to specific individuals cannot be delivered through this program.
• Please refrain from including letters.
• We recommend not including home addresses or personal emails in the cards. We are not held responsible if you choose to disclose personal information in your cards.
• Leave envelopes blank and unsealed. Cards are read and opened as a precaution.
• All cards Must Arrive Before Or By Sunday, June 22, 2014
Items in high demand:
• Snacks - Beef Jerky, Mixed nuts, Energy Bars, Protein Bars, Dried Fruit snacks
• Energy shots
Other items requested:
• Games – playing cards, dominos etc
• Magazines and Books
• Toiletry items – soap, razors, shaving cream, floss toothpaste, toothbrushes etc
Note: All food and toiletry items must be packaged, unopened/new.