U.S. Virgin Islands Economic Development Summit – May 20-22 (Atlanta, GA)
Washington, DC, April 27, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Building on the success of last summer’s inaugural U.S. Virgin Islands Economic Development Summit in Washington, D.C., The USVI Alliance, Inc. will host its 2nd annual summit in Atlanta, Georgia on May 20-22, 2014 to capitalize on the vast number of Virgin Islands professionals and entrepreneurs who now call Atlanta home. Entitled, “Diversifying Business and Industry in the 21st Century and Beyond,” the conference will help attendees identify how to capitalize on upcoming business development opportunities in the US Virgin Islands. “We wanted to host the conference in Atlanta because of the vast numbers of Virgin Islanders living in this city,” said Roland Riviere, a Washington, DC based founder of the USVI Alliance from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. “We will also provide business matchmaking opportunities, and underscore the fact that the USVI is open for business for both our native sons and daughters and anyone else that is interested in doing business in the Islands,” Riviere concluded.
Opportunities to make the U.S. Virgin Islands a hub for Caribbean business hub tops agenda
The event will be attended by U.S. Virgin Islands Governor John P. deJongh, Jr., Congresswoman Donna M. Christensen, other elected officials, and representatives from the territory’s business community. The program will provide an overview of the opportunities for sustainable, innovative business solutions for the territory and feature an exciting business matchmaking session that enables professionals, business owners, government leaders, and innovators to collaborate and connect with like-minded individuals in similar industries. All events will take place at the Doubletree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown Hotel, located at 160 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303. A pre-Summit reception featuring Virgin Islands talent from the Atlanta metro area will be held on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. The formal program convenes from Wednesday, May 21 to Thursday, May 22, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Virgin Islands business and government leaders, officials from the U.S. Small Business Administration, and Atlanta business and government leaders have been invited to participate in the summit to provide insight on existing efforts to diversify the economy and capitalize on the opportunities to expand business investment in the territory through collaboration in other markets. The summit will feature break-out sessions on topics such as entrepreneurship development in the Virgin Islands, business licensing and certification, and best practices for business growth in the territory.
Who Should Attend
• Experienced business executives in sectors such as shipping, call centers, tourism/hospitality (boutique hotels), high tech manufacturing and software development, training, energy (renewable and production), technology (broadband, mobile, and manufacturing), healthcare, retail, transportation, and other sectors. Also industry representatives who seek to access the various public and private resources available to establish, develop, own, and operate businesses in the US. Virgin Islands.
• Members of the Virgin Islands diaspora, especially current or future entrepreneurs, interested in being a part of the discussion and providing solutions to the challenges currently facing the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Benefits to Attendees
• Learn about the unique opportunities and economic incentives to profit in key areas of expansion and growth in the Virgin Islands from including: Healthcare, Information Technology, Energy, and Workforce Development.
• Learn about financing opportunities for small businesses and capital projects, tax exemptions and rehabilitation tax credits for businesses in the USVI.
• Business matchmaking opportunities and networking with conference attendees, USVI policy makers, contracting officers, consumers, consultants, and potential employers or partners.
Register online at http://usvialliance.org/register by clicking on the image for the summit attendance and/or sponsorship. A block of rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown has been secured at the rate of $139.00, plus 16% tax ($161.24 total) per night for single/double occupancy for reservations made by Friday, April 25, 2014. Contact the hotel directly by April 25 that (404) 688-8600 or toll free at (800) 222-8733 and reference the “USVI Economic Development Summit” to reserve this special rate.
About the 2014 USVI Economic Development Summit:
Dress is business attire. Tickets are $150 per person and include registration, pre-summit reception, and meals. Special hotel rates available for attendees through April 25th. Visit http://www.usvialliance.org/register for details.
About The USVI Alliance, Inc.
The USVI Alliance, Inc. is an organization based in Maryland, with a mission to bridge the gap between the U.S. Virgin Islands diaspora and the local community to collaborate on issues such as economic development, youth development, and community-based initiatives intending to have positive, sustainable impact on the U.S. Virgin Islands. The group was formed in February 2013 to produce the USVI 2013 Economic Development Summit, an inaugural event in Washington, D.C. that convened Virgin Islands leadership, business executives, and Virgin Islanders from around the diaspora.
Follow us! Facebook and LinkedIn: The USVI Alliance | Twitter: @usvialliance