Southaven, MS, May 29, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Members of Women in Corporate Aviation (WCA), and 12 corporate aviation companies, have generously donated more than $100,000 to WCA’s fall scholarship fund. Aviation professionals are encouraged to apply for training programs before the August 1 deadline.
“This marks the first time in WCA’s 21-year history that we’ve surpassed $100,000 in scholarships, and we’re extremely grateful to our corporate sponsors,” said WCA President Brenda Miles. “I am very proud of our scholarship team, directors and committee chairs for rallying together to generate such incredible training opportunities for Women in Corporate Aviation members. By year’s end, we will have donated more than $110,000 in scholarship funds to deserving men and women!”
The following corporate aviation scholarship sponsors include:
· Aircare FACTS ($4,675) for a five-day initial or two-day recurrent emergency procedures training course.
· Beyond and Above (four awards of $3,500 each) for a five-day corporate flight attendant initial training course.
· CAE SimuFlite ($22,000) for Citation Jet 3 initial simulator training.
· Corporate Air Parts (three awards of $475 each) for emergency crewmember training.
· FlightSafety International ($27,600) for type-rating training in a Cessna 560XL or Citation 560 XLS.
· General Aviation Food Safety Professionals ($550) for an online food safety training course.
· Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation (two awards of $5,000 each) to further education, professional development or career advancement in corporate maintenance aviation technology.
· WCA Corporate Members and The Home Depot Aviation Department (up to $3,000) for leadership development or management training in corporate aviation.
· MedAire ($1,040) for a two-day aviation medical course for pilots or flight attendants.
· Susan C. Friedenberg ($3,995) for a four-day corporate flight attendant training program.
· The Corporate School of Etiquette ($1,900) for a two-day culinary arts course.
· Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. (three awards of $3,000 each) for dispatcher license training.
· Women in Corporate Aviation ($2,000) for professional development training to support a career in corporate aviation.
Applications are due August 1, and the scholarship recipients will be notified on September 7. The awards ceremony will be held on October 22, 2014, during the 67th Annual NBAA Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition in Orlando, Florida.
WCA scholarship rules and information:
· Applicants must be current, dues-paying WCA members. To join or renew your WCA membership, visit: http://www.wca-intl.org/join-or-renew/.
· Applications must include a 500-word essay, two letters of recommendation and certificates, transcripts, and résumés, as applicable. For additional rules, and to apply for a WCA scholarship, visit http://www.wca-intl.org/scholarship-application.
· WCA is not responsible for housing, transportation or other associated fees.
· The awards must be used within one calendar year.
· For questions not addressed on the WCA website, email email@example.com
About Women in Corporate Aviation - WCA is a premier 501(C)(3) non-profit premier mentoring association for professionals in corporate and business aviation. Providing networking, mentoring, scholarships and educational opportunities for current and future corporate/business aviation professionals, WCA offers individual and corporate memberships. http://www.wca-intl.org.