LVDT Linear Position Sensor Specifically for the Power Generation Industry- The LA-27A
Moorestown, NJ, July 11, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- H.G. Schaevitz LLC, Alliance Sensors Group is very proud to release its LA-27-A series LVDT linear position sensors designed to handle the environment found around power generation turbines. Available in ranges from 3 inches (75 mm) to 15 inches (375 mm), the LA-27-A is ideal for valve position feedback in steam and hydro power plants, as well as use in heavy duty applications like factory automation, civil engineering, and fluid power systems. It can operate in hostile factory environments such as lubricant and chemical mists, airborne grit and dust, and survive industrial wash downs. Mated with ASG's model S1A DIN-rail-mountable LVDT signal conditioner, an LA-27-A LVDT becomes an ideal solution for heavy duty position sensing applications.
• Stock ranges from 3 inches to 15 inches (75 mm to 375 mm)
• Core enclosed in 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) diameter extension rod with 5/16-24 or 8 mm male threaded end
• 1.050 inch (26.7 mm) diameter heavy wall aluminum housing (stainless steel available)
• Two double-contact shaft seals keep out contaminants
• Heavy duty connector or cable termination
• Continuous operation to 250 °F (120 C)
• Environmentally sealed to IEC IP-68
The LVRTs and LVDTs used on steam control and transfer valves, for example, a GE 119C9638, 119C9639, and 196C8768, or a Westinghouse 738J204, can all be replaced with this much heavier duty sensor. A really common problem with current GE and Westinghouse models is that the core vibrates and breaks off from its extension rod. The core of an LA-27-A is totally enclosed in an extension rod assembly from which it can never break loose, while offering a sturdy male thread for easy mechanical connection. An LA-27-A series LVDT can be installed with ASG-provided mounting clamps that can be fastened using the same holes as utilized for the GE steam turbine LVRTs.
• Stainless steel housing
• External auxiliary shaft seals
• Mild radiation resistant version for nuclear power plants (30 Mrads for 40 years)
• Mounting hardware including flanges, single hole mounting kits, swivel rod eye ends,
ball joints, extension rods, holddown clamps, and tie bars for dual-mounted LVDTs
• Radial connector or radial cable versions available as LA-25-R Series
For more information on Alliance Sensor Group, contact email@example.com or go to our web site at www.alliancesensors.com.
About H. G. Schaevitz LLC Alliance Sensors Group
Headquartered in Moorestown, New Jersey, 08057 USA, Alliance Sensor Group division of H. G. Schaevitz LLC (www.alliancesensors.com) is a position sensor manufacturing company that offers engineering and application support in solving position measurement challenges within the power generation, fluid power, and manufacturing industries. Combining more than 150 years of sensors know how, our technical and application support staff has extensive experience in providing the right sensor for difficult rotary and linear position measurement applications.