Cincinnati, OH, July 18, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- Tickets for the first-annual Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic, held in Washington Park, September 12 -13, are on sale today at www.cincinnatifoodandwineclassic.com.
“This is a two-day epicurean event designed to capture the energy and enthusiasm of Cincinnati’s dynamic food scene,” said Courtney Tsitouris, co-founder of the Classic. “We’re showcasing local culinary talent and ingredients alongside nationally recognized chefs, wine and spirit experts, beer connoisseurs, authors, journalists, and network personalities.”
The Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic will include two completely different tasting events on Friday and Saturday evenings with a curated selection of 40-plus chefs, vintners, and brewers; Saturday day programs to include interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions, a connoisseur snack bar, and a special Rising Star brunch with new culinary talents. Five individually themed VIP after-parties at downtown venues will cap off both evenings. Freestore Foodbank and Findlay Market are the event’s non-profit partners.
· Friday Grand Tasting + Pork Chopped Competition: Local and national chefs celebrate Cincinnati’s “Porkopolis” heritage by competing for the best pork-inspired dishes. Celebrity judges Keith Pandolfi (Saveur), Andrew Knowlton (Bon Appétit), and Francis Lam (Top Chef Masters) will announce the winners. Ticket price is $125.
· Saturday Grand Tasting: A curated tasting trail of fine dining that includes 40-plus bites and sips representing the best of Cincinnati and the Midwest, featuring local, regional, and national talent. Ticket price is $125.
· Saturday Savor Pass: All-access entry to Saturday’s programming and events to include more than 30 demonstrations, seminars, panel discussions, competitions, book signings and Restaurant Quickfire snack bar, plus admission to Saturday evening’s Grand Tasting, Ticket price is $190.
· Weekend Revel Pass: All-access entry to Saturday programs featuring more than 30 demonstrations, seminars, panel discussions, competitions, book signings, and Restaurant Quickfire snack bar, plus admission to both Friday and Saturday evening Grand Tastings. Ticket price is $290.
· VIP Indulge Pass: Includes all the above plus preferred seating at Saturday programs; entry to the exclusive Classic VIP lounge with bites from chef Renee Schuler of Eat Well Celebrations and craft cocktails from Molly Wellmann, Aaron Strasser, Rom Wells, and Catherine Manabat; admission to one of five individually themed after hours parties at either Jean-Robert’s Table, 21C Hotel, Kaze, Boca, or The Hearth Room; and a VIP swag bag. Ticket price is $390.
· Rising Stars Brunch: Savor a 6-course brunch by six of the most exciting rising talents in Cincinnati: Aaron Strasser (A Tavola), Bhumin Desai (Jean-Robert’s Table), Joe West (The Palace at The Cincinnatian Hotel), Cainan Edwards (Nicola’s), Michael Worth (Nando), and Martha Tiffany (Maribelle’s). Ticket price is $50.
· Speakeasy in the City: Receive a password days before the event for exclusive back-door entry to a venue you’ve never experienced before. Bathtub gin and cocktails served by Rom Wells, with bites from Nick Marckwald (Hen of the Woods). Ticket price is $50.
“The word is out,” said Donna Covrett, co-founder and executive director with Tsitouris. “We have a vibrant food, wine, and brewing community that’s getting noticed by others. We’ve piqued the interest of publications such as Food & Wine, New York Times, USA Today, Travel & Leisure, and more as a beautiful city with a quirky-cool community of creative, talented artisans. It’s something to be proud of, explored, and shared.”
Local and national talent has already been confirmed for the event. Names include (but are not limited to):
Jean-Robert de Cavel + Daniel Wright + Michael Paley + Paul Sturkey + Julie Francis + Nate Appleman + Megan Ketover + Nathan Lyon + Keith Pandolfi + Jose Salazar + Tony Ferrari + Edward Lee + Todd Kelly + Stephen Williams + David Falk + Anne Kearney + Andrew Knowlton + Francis Lam + Elias Leisring + Juan Muga + Jeremy Lieb + Owen Maass + Levon Wallace + David Cook + Cristian Pietoso + Anthony Lamas + Joy Wilson + Jimmy Gibson + Stella Parks + Joel Molloy + Charles Redmond + Rom Wells + Ned Elliot + Anita Hirsch + Mark Bodenstein + Hideki Harada + Tandy Wilson + Ryan Santos + Kyle Johnson + Paul Barraco + Jim Cornwell + Pat LaFrieda + Vic Vegas
For more information about scheduled talent, event programming, and ticket purchases, visit www.cincinnatifoodandwineclassic.com.
About Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic
Founded in 2014 by Donna Covrett and Courtney Tsitouris, the Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic is a celebration of Cincinnati's Porkopolis and fine dining heritage as a longstanding destination for Midwest food, beer, and spirit excellence. The inaugural event, located at the doorstep of Music Hall in the historic Washington Park, features local, regional, and national chefs showcasing local flavors through competitions, demos, seminars, and parties across throughout the community. For a complete look at what's in store, visit www.cincinnatifoodandwineclassic.com, or follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. #CFWC14
Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic
Cincinnati Food + Wine Classic