Gaithersburg, MD, August 20, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- GL Communications Inc., announced today its enhanced MAPS™ UMTS IuCS Interface Emulation over ATM.
Speaking to reporters, Mr. Karthik Ramalingam, Senior Manager for Product Development of the company said, “Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is a 3rd generation mobile technology that can support greater data rates for voice, video, and data transmission to mobile users. The underlying transport layer for UMTS can be Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), or Internet Protocol (IP).
GL's LightSpeed1000™ hardware platform with quad optical ports supports simulation of UMTS IuCS interface over ATM layer using MAPS™ UMTS IuCS ATM software. It supports wire-speed processing on OC-3/12 and STM-1/4 for functions such as recording, playback, protocol simulation, and analysis of Unchannelized ATM, PoS. The hardware can also be easily configured / programmed for delaying of ATM Cells or PPP packets.”
He added, “MAPS™ UMTS IuCS ATM can emulate the RNC (Radio Network Controller) and the MSC (Mobile Switching Centre) nodes by generating RANAP, ALCAP, and DTAP signaling messages over SSCOP. It includes ready-scripts to simulate all IuCS signalling procedures such as Location Update, Call Control MO (Mobile Originating), Mobile Terminating (MT) and SMS procedures.
“The application gives the users the unlimited ability to edit messages and control scenarios (message sequence). 'Message sequences' are generated through scripts. 'Messages' are created using message templates.”
Mr. Ramalingam further added, “MAPS™ IuCS ATM uses SSCOP server for establishing SSCOP links over which RANAP and ALCAP signaling will be carried for making calls. SSCOP Server is a GL's WCS based server module that provides SSCOP, AAL5 and AAL2 layer services.
“MAPS™ IuCS ATM internally uses AAL2 Traffic Generator for traffic generation on a successfully established call. Various traffic types like Tone, Digits and File playback are supported.”
Summary of Features
· Simulates RNC, and MSC entities in IuCS interface
· Generates and processes all Mobility Management, Session Management, RANAP, ALCAP, and DTAP messages
· User controlled access to RANAP, ALCAP, and DTAP messages
· SSCOP Server (WCS based server module) provides SSCOP, AAL5 and AAL2 layer services
· Ready scripts for all the IuCS signaling procedures such as Mobile Originating, Mobile Terminating, Location Updating ,SMS and HandOver procedures for quick testing
· Supports RAB Assignment, Authentication, TMSI Reallocation, Encryption, and other Call Control procedures
· Supports traffic types like send and receive tones, digits, and files
General MAPS™ Features
· Script based and protocol independent software architecture
· Easy script builder for quick-testing to advance testing
· Customization of call flow and messages
· Protocol trace with full message decoding, and graphical ladder diagrams of the call flow with time stamp
· Auto generate and respond to signaling messages
· Automated Load /Stress Testing
· Call Statistics, Capture Events, Error Events, and Link Status
· Command Line Interface (requires additional license)
· Traffic Handling Capabilities (requires additional license)
· Scheduler and pre-saved configuration files for automated testing
· Option to send reports to database accessible via web interface
· Centralized control of multiple MAPS™ applications remotely from single client application
About GL Communications Inc.,
Founded in 1986, GL Communications Inc. is a leading supplier of test, monitoring, and analysis equipment for TDM, Wireless, IP, and VoIP networks. Unlike conventional test equipment, GL's test platforms provide visualization, capture, storage, and convenient features like portability, remote operation, and scripting.
Our test solutions cover wide array of networks – 4G (LTE), 3G, 2G, IP, Ethernet, T1, T3, E1, E3, OC-3/STM-1, OC-12/STM-4, and analog The tools are widely used by the telecommunication industry for: conformance testing, automated stress/load testing, and performance assessment, and analysis.
For more information about GL’s complete line of products,
E-mail: info at gl.com