Hillsboro, OR, October 13, 2017 --(PR.com
)-- Edupliance announces a webinar titled, “Payroll Preparation for Year End 2017 and Year Beginning 2018” that aims to prepare the payroll department for the end of the calendar tax year and the new year processing, including reconciling, completing and submitting Form W-2 federal and state, update to annual changes from the IRS, SSA, DOL and on the state level, and best practices that will help make the year-end and year beginning go smoother. The event goes live on Tuesday, October 31, from 01:00 PM to 02:30 PM, Eastern Time.
Preparing for year-end should not begin in October or November as it may have in the past. Preparation should begin in January and be conducted throughout the calendar year. This is especially important now as the IRS is looking at year-end compliance issues. This webinar provides best practices to help a payroll department transition from a year-end crunch to a smooth and compliant year-end process. The webinar will also discuss how checklists can help keep a payroll department on track to ensure all tasks are completed. Attendees will learn how a simple two-page memo can prevent dozens of employee questions. The speaker will also cover duplicate form W-2 request form and procedures should be set up and in place in advance of issuing the forms and how it will assist attendees when processing those requests in the upcoming year. Updates for the calendar year 2018 on such items as social security wage base, deferred compensation limits, mileage rates and Forms W-2 and 941 will also be provided.
The 90-minute webinar will be conducted by Vicki Lambert, CPP, who has over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author. Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issues. She has conducted open market training seminars on payroll issues across the United States that have been attended by executives and professionals from some of the most prestigious firms in business today.
- Reconciliation of Form W-2 to Form 941 and why it must be done
- Update on year-beginning annual changes for social security wage base, fringe benefit limitations, federal per diem allowance, standard mileage rate, qualified transportation fringe benefits, and more.
- How to use the required year-end notice to update your employees for the coming year
- Best practices on organizing the payroll department for year-end including action item check lists for Form W-2, Year end and Year beginning to ensure a smooth process
- How to handle duplicate requests for Form W-2 including charging fees
- Changes to Form W-2 for 2017
- Possible changes to Form 941 for 2018
- Best practices for gathering, calculating and reconciling W-2 data all year long as is now expected by the IRS
- Taxation of fringe benefits for year-end including awards and prizes, moving - - expenses, personal use of company cars and gift certificates
- Latest update on white-collar exemptions
- Electronic delivery of W-2s to employees
- When to use the Form W-2c and when to correct the W-2 itself
- State regulatory changes affecting payroll including SUI wage bases, minimum wage increases and more
- Review of EFW-2 record changes for tax year 2017
- Verifying employee names and SSN’s
- Review of filing deadlines
- Third Party Sick Pay reporting
To register for the webinar, visit https://www.edupliance.com/webinar/payroll-preparation-for-year-end-2017-and-year-beginning-2018?utm_source=PR&utm_medium=pr.com
Edupliance is a online information provider which offers webinars (Live and On-Demand), DVD’s and downloadable resources that cover concurrent topics pertaining to various industries. With an expert panel of guest speakers, Edupliance brings state-of-the-art virtual technology solutions and industry-leading training sessions that are easy to learn, easily accessible and cater to people with varied interests. Edupliance is privately held and located in Hillsboro, Oregon. For more information, visit www.edupliance.com.