PR.com, a Business and PR Website and one of the leading press release distribution services, is seeking a full stack Senior Software Engineer to join our development team in a leadership role with excellent growth opportunity.
We're seeking an innovative pioneer interested in being at the forefront of driving a highly successful website with big future plans. You will solve large scale, complex technical problems, create and build new features and applications, and improve existing applications used by millions of people. The position is full-time and will play a critical role in building the next generation system behind PR.com.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established, financially secure, fast growing, 12 year old company and have a substantial, direct impact on the business, as we are now taking all development in-house and building our engineering department from scratch. You'll have significant influence on selecting amazing members of and shaping the culture of our engineering team.
We are going to rewrite our entire code base. You will lead all technical decisions and aspects of the product, with the opportunity to rebuild our technical applications and infrastructure using whatever technologies you choose, such as Node.js, MongoDB, Riak, Redis, etc.
- Develop and execute business and technical requirements for PR.com
- Architect, design, code and test LAMP web applications
- Test and enhance existing product features
- Develop new products and features from the ground up using cutting edge technologies
- Collaborate with others on design, development, testing, documentation and production support tasks
- Write clean and well documented code
- Improve and monitor application availability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
- In-depth knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Linux, Apache (LAMP)
- Experience developing web applications using SOA
- Desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for and experience developing great web products end-to-end
- Smart, ability to work through complex problems and get things done quickly with fast release cycles
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with large, scalable PHP / MySQL websites
- Good knowledge of command-line Linux
- Experience with MySQL replication or cluster, a plus
- Experience configuring, implementing, and maintaining high availability environments, a plus
We offer employees a comprehensive array of generous benefits, including medical, paid time off, 401k and more!
Please submit resume, cover letter, and reference code PR0318SSE.
Job Location: New York City / Long Island (plus, potential for telecommuting)