PR.com, one of the leading press release distribution services, is seeking a self-motivated and proven editor to work in a fast-paced environment, with significant growth opportunity. Enjoy the ability to contribute meaningfully to the direction of the company and join a team that is fun to work with. The successful candidate should be a creative and strategic thinker.
• Edit and proofread press releases for spelling, grammar, clarity, accuracy, style, objectivity, news value, libelous content, etc.
• Provide customer service, editorial assistance and consulting through incoming phone calls and emails
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned, such as drafting and revising press releases, social media, blogging, research, etc.
• Superior writing, editing, researching, communication and proofreading skills
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications, English or related field or equivalent experience writing or editing for a news, publishing or public relations organization
• Strong self-motivation with ability to prioritize multiple tasks, working independently or as part of a team
• Technical skills and computer literacy; proficiency in standard business applications (i.e., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web, etc.)
• Willing and happy to work as hard as it takes to meet and exceed goals
• Experience working with customers in a consulting or customer service capacity a plus
• Marketing, search engine optimization, and social media expertise a plus
We offer employees a comprehensive array of generous benefits, including medical, paid time off, 401k and more!
Please submit resume, cover letter, and reference code PR0705NE.
Job Location: Long Island