PR.com, a Business and PR Website and one of the leading online press release distribution services, is seeking a hands-on Lead Software Engineer to join our development team in a leadership role with tremendous growth opportunity.
Interested in creating and building new features/applications and improving existing applications used by millions of people? Want to solve large scale, highly complex technical problems? The position is full-time and will play a critical role in building the next generation system behind PR.com, creating web applications that reach millions of people and building high volume servers.
We're seeking an innovative pioneer interested in being at the forefront of driving an already highly successful website with big future plans.
- Develop and execute business and technical requirements for PR.com
- Architect, design, code and test LAMP web applications
- Test and enhance existing product features
- Develop new products and features from the ground up using cutting edge technologies
- Collaborate with others on design, development, testing, documentation and production support tasks
- Write clean and well documented code
- Improve and monitor application availability
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
- In-depth knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Linux, Apache (LAMP)
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Subversion
- Desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for and experience developing great web products end-to-end
- Smart, ability to work through complex problems and get things done quickly with fast release cycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience building social networking / media websites
- Experience with large, scalable PHP / MySQL websites
- Good knowledge of command-line Linux
- Experience with MySQL replication or cluster, a plus
- Experience configuring, implementing, and maintaining high availability environments, a plus
PR.com is a young, financially secure, fast growing company.
Excellent long term opportunity with tremendous growth potential.
Please submit resume and cover letter, and mention reference code PR1101LSE.
We offer employees a comprehensive array of generous benefits, including medical, paid time off, 401(k) and more!
Job Location: New York City / Long Island (plus, potential for telecommuting)