Pittsburgh, PA, December 16, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- Holidays are about sharing time with family and friends, but for a woman recovering from or undergoing breast or other cancer treatments, she may be spending lots of time in bed or on the couch. Survivor and cancer style expert Lisa Lurie, co-founder of online shopping resource CancerBeGlammed.com, which carefully selects products to help women recover from cancer surgery, chemotherapy and radiation in comfort and style, suggests these great last-minute gifts, to make her feel good and help family and friends share the season together.
· E-Readers and tablets – Lightweight and portable, the perfect gift for use at home or on the go. Download her favorite magazines as a welcome distraction at the doctor’s office, chemo room or at radiation, or download her favorite holiday stories or classic movies to share together. E-Readers also allow users to enlarge font size – perfect for chemo-tired eyes. Great at holiday time or anytime.
· Bed lounge - Ideal for her when the family crawls into bed together to play board games, watch TV or read. Look for those that provide good upper body and arm support. Some even come with side pockets - great for glasses, books and that all important TV remote.
· Electric kettle and tea set – The hot water’s always ready bedside to make hot chocolate for the kids or romantic tea for two. Herbal teas such as ginger and peppermint provide many soothing benefits that help combat the side effects of chemotherapy or radiation such as nausea and stomach upset.
· Mommy & Me Matching Pajamas – The perfect gift for some stylish rest and recover time following chemotherapy or radiation. Soft and comfortable, they make it fun to snuggle up in bed with mom on a cold winter’s night.
· One Bite at a Time cookbook by Rebecca Katz – Turn a great recipe into a memorable family meal. This beautifully illustrated cookbook features recipes for cancer survivors, their friends and family, offering delicious, flavorful meals that are easy-to-digest and help boost the immune system. For the first of Katz’s award winning cookbooks, check out The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen. Bon appétit!
About Cancer Be Glammed
Cancer Be Glammed, LLC was founded by Lisa Lurie, a breast cancer survivor and Ellen Weiss Kander, who underwent chemotherapy for a rare blood disorder. They believe cancer can be survived in comfort and style, and that wearing and using fashionable, comfortable and soothing products during treatment and recovery can have significant, positive impact on a woman's mental and physical outlook. Their web site, www.CancerBeGlammed.com, is an online shopping resource, connecting women to stylish items from post-operative necessities, to fashion solutions, pampering products, unique gifts and more. Their free Style Guide, complete with Shopping Checklist, is downloadable on the site, and Give A Glam!, their charitable giveback, donates a portion of their profits to cancer support organizations.