Brooklyn, NY, July 17, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- Not only is Raindropping the first app that aims to let users know exactly when rain is going to start and stop in a specific location over the next six hours, but it also sends users alerts if they’re ever likely to get wet. And the Raindropping iOS app is available now in the iTunes App Store.
How it works:
Raindropping uses location-specific radar data and proprietary rain-prediction algorithms to give users a to-the- minute time when rain is going begin and end at their present location (or a location of their choosing), up to six hours in advance. The app also uses iOS notifications to keep users posted on any rain that is projected to hit them, allowing users to customize how far in advance they want to be warned of any impending downpours.
A Radar Map allows users to animate a storm’s trajectory, making it easy to see the size and intensity of the storm, how far away it is, and where it’s likely to hit. A "Raincheck" feature also enables users to easily and instantly send customizable Raindropping information to friends and family using email, Facebook, Twitter, or text message.
The basic version of Raindropping is free in the iTunes App Store. Raindropping Pro—which is ad-free and gives users the ability to see rain stop times—costs $0.99.
Users can download Raindropping or Raindropping Pro in any country where the iTunes Store is available, but rain start and stop predictions can only be generated for the continental United States. Applications run on iOS 5.0+ or above. Raindropping was developed by the Brooklyn-based Creative Set, Inc. Get wet on your own terms.
• Rain start times ("Raindropping") and stop times ("Rainstopping"), are broken down to convenient quarter-hour increments for a user’s exact location.
• Customizable iOS notifications let users know of impending precipitation, up to six hours in advance.
• All weather information is updated every 15 minutes, ensuring the most accurate projections possible.
• Rain start and stop times are assessed for an individual’s exact coordinates. So even though it may be raining a few thousand feet away, your precise location may not be in the path of the storm. Raindropping’s predictions and alerts react accordingly.
• Radar can be easily advanced along the projected path of the storm, giving added insight on the rain’s intensity and potential duration.
• Users can search for and save locations, allowing for quick rain start and stop predictions at places other than their current location. For example: an office, a friend’s house, or a vacation destination.
• "Rainchecks" with rain start times can be customized and sent to loved ones via email, Facebook, Twitter, and text message.
Raindropping Pro for iOS -- Price: $0.99
Raindropping for iOS -- Price: Free
Contact: Eric Stralow - PressAgent@Raindropping.com
Press Kit: Raindropping.com/presskit