PR.com contains links to other Web sites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other Web sites to which you choose to link from our Site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other Web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information Collection and Use
- PR.com collects personal information in situations such as, but not limited to, when you register with PR.com, when you use PR.com products or services, when you visit PR.com pages or the pages of certain PR.com partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. PR.com may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies or entities.
- When you register we ask for information such as, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with PR.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- PR.com collects information about your transactions with, but not limited to, us, with some of our business partners, and with companies and other entities listed on PR.com, including information about your use of products and services that we offer.
- PR.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the pages you request.
- PR.com uses information for, but not limited to, the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Some PR.com services may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both PR.com and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded services.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as, but not limited to, handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
Other circumstances in which PR.com may rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies is to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with PR.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help PR.com communicate with you about offers from PR.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We transfer information about you if PR.com is acquired by or merged with another company.
PR.com displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. By interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. PR.com advertisers include, but are not limited to, financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to PR.com, such as, but not limited to, service announcements, administrative messages, welcome letters and other PR.com letters.
Posting to Public Areas of PR.com
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of PR.com such as, but not limited to, in online forums or chat rooms, in the PR.com searchable resume database, on a resume page, or in a Company Profile, such information may be collected and used by others over whom we have no control. We are not responsible for the use made by third parties of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of PR.com.
PR.com may set and access cookies on your computer. PR.com lets other companies that show advertisements on some of PR.com's pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. PR.com uses web beacons to, among other things, access cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with PR.com products and services.