Ellen Shadur Gross, Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP to Speak at KCís Employee Relations & Union Awareness Live Webcast
New York, NY, September 13, 2013 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced that Ellen Shadur Gross, Partner, Baker & Hostetler LLP will speak at KC’s webcast entitled: “Employee Relations & Union Awareness Live Webcast," scheduled on October 10, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM ET.
For more info, please visit the homepage:
Unions have been on the public’s radar over the last couple of years with high profile events like the attempted Wisconsin collective bargaining recall and the Hostess Baker Bankruptcy, whether you agree or disagree with them, unions are here to stay and you need to know how to deal with them.
The Knowledge Group is assembling a panel of distinguished thought leaders and practitioners to provide an in-depth discussion of the significant topics in the mix including:
- Collective Bargaining Issues
- Understanding how a Union Organizing Campaign Works: Elements, Process and Current Strategies
- Long Term Planning – How to Avoid Being Surprised By a Business Interruption
- Compliance with Labor and Employment Law
- Best Practices in Implementing and Maintaining Employee Relations Program
- Identifying and Avoiding Potential Pitfalls and Penalties
- Regulatory Updates
- And a lot more
Join this live webcast and understand the most important aspects of employee relations, union awareness and union organizing. Speaker’s presentation will be aired in a Live two-hour Webcast. They will also be available to answer your questions during the Q&A session.
About Ellen Shadur Gross
Ellen Shadur Gross represents private and public entities in labor and employment matters. Her traditional labor practice includes representing:
· Public and private sector employers in labor relations, including representation activities, collective bargaining, contract grievances and grievance arbitrations, and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and California's Public Employment Relations Board;
· Employers faced with union organizing activity, providing both union awareness training and advising employers in the conduct of representation elections;
· Employers in federal court in claims arising under Section 301 of the LMRA;
· Employers with respect to hiring, discipline, discrimination, employee leaves and wage and hour issues, including prevailing wage disputes. She also defends employers in related litigation and administrative claims.
Ms. Gross also regularly drafts and negotiates employment contracts and trade secret agreements, employee handbooks and employment policies, and is a regular contributor to BakerHostetler Labor & Employment Law Updates and Health Law Updates. For more information, please visit www.bakerlaw.com.
About Baker & Hostetler LLP
BakerHostetler is among the nation's 100 largest law firms with nearly 800 attorneys coast to coast, delivering the highest quality legal counsel on the most complex and critical issues facing clients today. The firm has offices in Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Costa Mesa, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Orlando and Washington, D.C. Its five primary practice groups are Business, Employment, Intellectual Property, Litigation and Tax. For more information, visit www.bakerlaw.com
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. Its mission is to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webcasts that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format.
The organization brings together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts to study the impact of changes and emerging trends. Hear from leading government officials/regulators, key thought leaders, and industry experts objectively analyze the latest trends and issues and their impact on industries. For further details, please visit the organization’s website: www.knowledgecongress.org.