Seth Kahan Launches Association Transformation to Support Visionary Association Executives
Bethesda, MD, March 12, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- On March 1st executive strategist Seth Kahan released the first report from Association Transformation, a new think tank designed to support the needs of visionary association leaders. Download a copy
of the report from AssociationTransformation.com.
Association Transformation emerged from a series of association CEO interviews and workshops. The endeavor is a partnership between Kahan and Ron Nicodemus, a marketing communications strategist and thought leadership event expert.
On October 29, 2013, 19 CEOs and Executive Directors of associations met to address the mounting need for vision-driven action by membership organizations, the first step in forming a think tank to understand and support the needs of association leaders in the face of rapidly changing market conditions.
2013 CEO Workout Participants:
• Brian Atchinson, President & CEO, Physician Insurers Association of America
• Carla Balakgie, President & CEO, National Automatic Merchandising Association
• Debra BenAvram, CEO, American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
• Elisa Brewer Pratt, Executive Director, Associated General Contractors of America
• Anthony Cancelosi, President, Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• Julie Coons, President & CEO, Electronic Retailing Association
• David Gammel, Executive Director, Entomological Society of America
• Ken Garrison, Executive Director, Heavy Equipment Construction Contractors Association
• Linda Hallman, Executive Director & CEO, American Association of University Women
• Julia Hamm, President & CEO, Solar Electric Power Association
• Kevin Keller, CEO, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
• Douglas Kleine, President, Professional Association Services
• Mary Logan, President, Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation
• Lisa McGreevy, President & CEO, Online Lenders Alliance
• Brent Mulgrew, Executive Director, Ohio State Medical Association
• Arlene Pietranton, CEO, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
• Kerry Stackpole, President, Printing & Graphics Association MidAtlantic
• Barbara Tulipane, President & CEO, National Recreation and Park Association
• Claudia Zacharias, President & CEO, Board of Certification/Accreditation
Activities at the CEO Workout included an interview by Kahan with John Graham, CEO of American Society of Association Executives, about relevant trends. Breakout groups focused on three components of the Association Transformation vision: community, research and knowledge, and creative forums. The report includes highlights from the Graham interview.
Kahan said, “I welcome association leaders who are just as innovative as their private sector counterparts, those CEOs who take their business seriously. This community will lead the future, not just react. I believe that together, with the right support structure, we can get the future of association leadership right.”
The recently released report includes the new group’s mission statement: “Association Transformation brings together visionary leaders to confront and resolve issues for the successful evolution of membership organizations through transformational conversations, activities and breakthrough ideas.”
Kahan’s next steps for Association Transformation include hosting regional roundtables in spring 2014 in Chicago (May 20) and DC (June 13), soliciting input from the group’s members on its first research project, and creation of multiple communication channels for engagement and exchange of information.
To receive more information on these events, send an email to Seth@AssociationTransformation.com
The event was underwritten by DelCor Technology Solutions, a technology management and network systems consulting firm serving associations, nonprofits, foundations and unions, and DSK Solutions, a provider of expert data analysis, conversion, technical development and business intelligence consulting services for the association industry.
About Seth Kahan
Seth Kahan has worked with CEOs and top-level executives in companies that include World Bank, Peace Corps, Royal Dutch Shell as well as over 40 associations and public sector agencies. Kahan’s first book, Getting Change Right: How Leaders Transform Organizations from the Inside Out, is a business bestseller. He writes online for Fast Company (SethFast.com). His latest book, Getting Innovation Right: How Leaders Leverage Inflection Points to Drive Success, was published in 2013.
For questions or to contact Seth Kahan, visit AssociationTransformation.com or email Seth@AssociationTransformation.com.