Colorado BioScience Association Congratulates the Five Bioscience Companies Included in the "Colorado Companies to Watch" Class of 2014
Denver, CO, June 27, 2014 --(PR.com
)-- The Colorado BioScience Association (CBSA) congratulates the five local bioscience companies included in this year’s class of ‘Colorado Companies to Watch’ and applauds the program for showcasing 50 of Colorado’s outstanding second-stage companies. Announced at a Gala held June 20th at the Denver Marriott City Center, those bioscience companies featured in the 2014 Class were: Eldon James Corp., Denver; JustRight Surgical LLC, Boulder; MedKeeper, Westminster; Sharklet Technologies Inc., Aurora; and UrgentRx, Denver.
The announcement is made by CBSA President & CEO April Giles, who says, “This is a great honor for these growth stage companies to be recognized for developing and commercializing vital products in the bioscience industry and creating quality jobs in the state to fuel economic growth.”
Bioscience companies included in Colorado Companies to Watch Class of 2014:
* Eldon James Corp., Denver - Eldon James manufactures plastic tubing and connectors for the medical, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, industrial and automotive industries. The business opened its new 75,000-square-foot headquarters in Denver last year—building a 10,000-square-foot cleanroom and creating a new product line of PVC- and BPA- free tubing. Visit, http://eldonjames.com
* JustRight Surgical LLC, Boulder - JustRight Surgical, a micro-laparoscopic medical device company, "right-sizing" existing technologies for the operating room. Their sealing instrument is 4 times smaller than any sealer available today. The company has received 510 (k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its JustRight™ 5mm Stapler. Visit, http://Justrightsurgical.com
* MedKeeper, Westminster - MedKeeper provides mobile and Web-based applications to help hospital pharmacies manage operations more efficiently. Visit, http://medkeeper.com
* Sharklet Technologies Inc., Aurora - Sharklet Technologies is a biotechnology company that develops surface technologies that are designed to inhibit microorganism growth to make the world a healthier, environmentally safer and better place. Inspired by the microbial-resistant properties of sharkskin, Sharklet™, the company’s core technology, is the world’s first micro-texture developed to control bacteria including Staph a., MRSA, VRE, E. coli and a host of others. Visit, http://Sharklet.com
* UrgentRx, Denver - UrgentRx produces a line of fast-acting, over-the-counter medications for today’s on-the-go consumer. The company’s trademarked Fast Powders come in convenient, single-dose packets for easier portability and accessibility. Visit, http://urgentRx.com
The bioscience industry plays a key role in Colorado’s Advance Industry clusters with more than 600 pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, diagnostics, and ag-bio companies. Currently, the state employs 27,000 people in its bioscience companies, creating over 122,000 direct and indirect jobs, translating into over $10 billion in payroll.
About Colorado Companies to Watch
To be selected companies must meet a list of criteria from Colorado Companies to Watch including;
* Be privately held (not publicly traded and not a subsidiary or division of another company).
* Be a commercial enterprise, not a nonprofit.
* Be facing issues of growth, not survival.
* Employ 6 to 99 full-time equivalent W-2 employees, including the owner.
* Have between $750,000 and $50 million in annual revenue or working capital in place from investors or grants.
* Be headquartered in the state of Colorado.
Finalist companies selected gain increased visibility, improve stakeholder relationships and contribute to a dynamic business environment. They are each highlighted in the June issue of Colorado Biz magazine.
Colorado Companies to Watch, presented by UMB Bank, energizes the state of Colorado by recognizing second-stage companies that are developing valuable products and services, creating quality jobs, enriching communities, and creating new industries throughout the state. Second-stage companies fuel the economic fire of Colorado by accounting for much of the economic growth and economic independence throughout the state. Visit: https://colorado.companiestowatch.org
The full list of the 2014 Class of the ‘Colorado Companies to Watch’ is found at: https://colorado.companiestowatch.org/index.ctw?page=honorees&honoreeYear=2014
About Colorado BioScience Association
CBSA is a not-for-profit organization providing services and support for Colorado's bioscience industry. With more than 350 members, CBSA actively works to promote the growth of the industry by advocating for a better business environment, growing the state's biotech workforce, fighting for policies that support a strong bioscience industry in the state, and speaking with a single voice on behalf of the industry. Visit http://www.cobioscience.com
CBSA also is found on these social media sites:
LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=98468&trk=anet_ug_grppro
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/ColoradoBioScienceAssociation
Mae Desaire, Director of Marketing, Colorado BioScience Association - http://www.cobioscience.com – 720-382-5918, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maggie Chamberlin Holben, APR, Absolutely Public Relations - http://www.absolutelypr.com - 303-984-9801, email@example.com