VCMS Virtual Central Management Appliance »
Part #: VCMS
- Centralized management of thousands of racks or remote sites through one secure appliance
- Reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) by streamlining overall operations, administration and maintenance
- Reduces complexity with a single pane of glass view of your distributed console servers & managed devices
- Automatic monitoring and connection to devices in locations without inbound IP ports
- Reduce mean time to repair (MTTR) and downtime with point-n-click out of band access from anywhere anytime
- Deploys in minutes. Simply load into your VMware or Linux KVM host
Secure Centralized Management
The VCMS virtual appliance provides flexible, centralized control of data center servers, network devices and power, and facilitates the remote management of branch offices and sites where trained operators may be unavailable. Identifies and resolves IT infrastructure problems before they affect critical business processes.
VCMS delivers flexible target device management control for large data centers with a hundred rows of racks, or in power utility networks with thousands of smart appliances. Secure remote access from anywhere at anytime.
Be Up & Running in an Hour
With the virtual appliance there's no additional hardware cost, nor time wasted with set up. Secure communications are initiated on power up. Configurations for each console server and their managed devices are uploaded automatically. No time wasted reconfiguring. You can have central monitoring up and running in an hour.
Download Free Trial »
Manage Isolated Devices
Locations that are isolated without public IP access initiate outgoing secure SSH tunnels connections to the VCMS. This Call Home feature enables remote control of computers and smart devices that are located behind a router or behind a firewall - without configuring the network access.
Access Out of Band from Anywhere
Alerts may be raised in the event of a disconnect or environmental problem being identified at a remote site. The manager once notified simply points their browser to the VCMS and with a point-n-click they are securely connected to the downstream console server - or managed device - for maintenance, reconfiguration or power cycling.
The VCMS appliance has the popular open source Nagios preinstalled in the VMWare or Linux KVM appliance image. The VCMS also allows access to its Linux core including bash so you can create proactive custom solutions.