Madrid, Spain, November 21, 2008 --(PR.com
)-- Micracró, Spanish leading company as manufacturer and distributor of hard-chrome plating bars of steel, launches to the market its patent protected Continuous Chromium Technology – CCT.
The hard chromium plating for mechanical components is a unique solution for many applications because it has a low coefficient of friction, highly resistance to wear and corrosion. The chrome bar is the source material for the production of shock absorbers, piston rod of hydraulic cylinders, rods, columns, pins, axles, guides, and so on. So far, the process of chromed steel bars has been carried out by immersion in a bath of hard chromium. The process patented by Micracró has came to revolutionize this market, giving great savings, fast production and above all without polluting the environment.
After 10 years of improvements and use, this own developed process is now available through Licensing agreements to firms interested on it.
The Continuous Chrome Technology is the most advanced process for any company focused on manufacturing or buying hard chrome plating for steel bars who wants to stay profitable at long term, increase margins and be ahead of its competitors.
The advantages that CCT offers related to traditional plating methods are as follow:
- Lower consumption of chrome.
- The continuity ensures a constant high quality surface.
- The process can be monitored and adjusted as desired (current density, temperature, speed of the bars, thickness, and velocity of flow of electrolyte, among others).
- The possibility to plate long and thin bars without surface tension.
- The density of chrome increases, the size of the grain is smaller and improves the adhesion and the porosity.
- Improving the roughness of the coating.
- Increase the effectiveness of the process.
- Improved control of the hydrogen produced, the solutions in the tank and the bath quality.
- Total control of the environment impact.
- The possibility of chrome bars regardless of the length and with a diameter of 16 to 130mm.
- The accuracy of the deposited amount of chromium requires just a slight grinding of about 2 to 3 microns. Costly process of grinding the end of the chrome surface is avoided.
- Improved quality of the coating. The concentric accuracy of the chrome tank, along with the correct operation of polishing, allows a corrosion-resistant coating of 100 hours in a saline spray environment, according to ASTM, with rating "9".
More information can be found at http://www.micracro.es/eng/imasd/procesos.htm
About Micracro, S.A.:
Spanish company leader in manufacturing and worldwide distribution of chrome-plated steel bars. It is part of the Group Micra, with more than 80 years of experience and it is certified in ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
Av. Finanzauto, 8
28500 Arganda del Rey - Madrid - Spain
Tel.:+34 91 871 3032