Michael E Straneva, Americas Director of Transaction Real Estate, Ernst & Young LLP to Speak at KC’s Event on REITS, on 5/12/2009
The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcast announced today that Michael Straneva, Americas Director of Transaction Real Estate, Ernst & Young LLP will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ upcoming webcast entitled: “REITS, How to Navigate the 2009 Credit Crunch, & Today's Economic Realities ”. This 2-hour event is scheduled on May 12, 2009, Tuesday at 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM ET.
The rules governing real estate investments trusts or REITS have changed considerably over the past year, following the American Housing Rescue and Foreclosure Prevention Act of 2008 (also known as the Housing Act). A thorough understanding of these provisions can, in turn, positively impact your clients’ overall investment picture and bottomline success.
In response to the Housing Act, The Knowledge Congress is assembling a panel of industry experts and regulators for a two-hour Live webcast. The instructive webcast will cover new amendments affecting the REIT gross income tests (including issues of foreign currency gain, interest rate changes, currency fluctuations, and qualifying income), asset tests, healthcare REITS and the issue of qualified lodging facilities, effective dates and more.
About Michael Straneva
Mike is the Americas Director of Transaction Real Estate and is a Partner in the Phoenix office of Ernst & Young LLP. He focuses on real estate appraisal and valuation, transaction due diligence, portfolio analyses and structuring, project feasibility and market analyses, and litigation support services. Prior to specializing in real estate advisory services, Mike spent 12 years in the firm’s real estate audit practice.
- Performed acquisition due diligence on a number of lenders, which included re-underwriting over $10 billion of condo construction and land development loans
- Advisor to master-planned community developers and homebuilders on development of mixed use projects
- Advisor to creditors and debtors in judicial and non-judicial debt restructuring for real estate companies and assets ranging from $100 million to over $1 billion
- Performed due diligence for various financial institution restructures as well as billions of nonperforming and under performing real estate loans
- Provided financial restructuring services to a wide variety of clients
- Served as the accountant-in-charge for the investigation of the Baptist Foundation of Arizona, one of the largest not-for-profit bankruptcy cases, and for the investigation of Lincoln Savings and Loan for the Office of Thrift Supervision and Resolution Trust Company (RTC)
- Provided trial testimony in a variety of cases involving financial institutions E-mail: email@example.com
Education and Memberships
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting at Pennsylvania State University
- State certified general real estate appraiser
- Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Advisor (CIRA)
- Serves on the EY Task force for the Homebuilder Sector
- Serves, or has served, on the boards of the Association of Insolvency Advisors (AIA), National Association of Real Estate Companies, the Phoenix Chapter of the National Association of Office Parks and Industrial Parks, and the Downtown Phoenix Partnership Development Corporation.
About Ernst & Young LLP
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services aiming to have a positive impact on businesses and markets, as well as on society as a whole.
For more information on Mike Straneva, and Ernst & Young LLP, please visit: http://www.ey.com
About The Knowledge Congress
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. “We bring together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webcasts to study the impact of changing regulations.”
To contact or to register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.
Thomas LaPointe, Jr., Executive Director
Therese Lumbao, Director
Account Management & Member Services