Falls Church, VA, June 01, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Qaran Holds Anti-Money Laundering Conference.
Qaran is holding a one-day conference and a four-day training workshop on the anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT). The aim of the conference is to increase general awareness of anti-laundering of money compliance requirements.
The four-day workshop will provide intensive hands-on training conducted by anti-money laundering compliance experts. It will be attended by Qaran ’s frontline staff and agents from 14 countries and will cover:
* Basic facts about money laundering and terrorist financing
* An overview of current anti-money laundering regulations, including US & UK laws and requirements.
* The Financial Action Task Force’s new 40 recommendations on money laundering
* FATF Eight Special Recommendations on Terrorist Financing
* Creating a compliance culture and the role of Qarans agents and staff.
* Qaran’s new accounting and reporting system and the new emphasis on prevention, detection and internal controls
Qaran has long recognized the importance of safe-guarding the integrity of money transfer through its network. It has instituted strict compliance regimes designed to meet international and country-specific regulations. This is the sixth major training programme for Qaran’s agents and staff in the last 3 years.
“ “Non-compliance is not an option. Money laundering feeds terrorism, drug trafficking and other serious crime. The training is part of our strategy to establish a comprehensive and robust system that facilitates prevention and detection of money laundering,” says Qaran Management.