Dallas, TX, June 24, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- School is out, summer is here, neighborhood and backyard pools are filling up with families all around North Texas. With the swimming season underway in full force and recent headlines regarding child drowning incidents, now is a great opportunity to remember a few pool safety tips that can make the difference between pool fun and tragedy.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission here are some facts regarding pool safety and child drownings in the U.S.
· For children aged one to fourteen, drowning is the second-most common cause of accidental death.
· Boys between one and three years old were the most likely victims of fatal drownings and near-fatal submersions in residential swimming pools.
· 77 percent of the swimming pool accident victims had been missing for five minutes or less when they were found in the pool drowned or submerged.
The last statistic noted above is of special concern: 77 of victims had been missing for five minutes or less before the found in the pool drowned. Anyone who has cared for a toddler knows how fast they can move. Young children are inquisitive, impulsive and lack a realistic sense of danger. These behaviors, along with a toddler’s ability to move quickly and unpredictably make unprotected swimming pools very dangerous for households with young children. Residential swimming pool drownings of young children have another troublesome issue; many of the drownings are silent deaths. It is unlikely splashing or screaming will occur to alert a parent or caregiver a child is in the pool.
Pool Guard Texas recommends the following tips for residential pool safety:
· Always have adult supervision when children are near or in the pool.
· Teach all children to swim as early as possible.
· Keep a portable telephone near the pool.
· At least one adult family member should know CPR.
· Surround pool with a four-side safety fence (at least 48 inches tall) and a gate that locks.
· Keep large floating toys out of the pool – they obstruct the view.
· Never allow young children to jump into a pool.
· Remove automatic vacuums from the pool before swimming.
· Make sure your babysitters can swim – have them show you.
By following these safety tips, families with swimming pools can enjoy the summer pool season and prevent injuries or even the unthinkable – a child drowning. In an effort to promote pool safety this season Pool Guard Texas is also announcing a special promotion on its “invisible” removable pool safety fences.
Pool Guard Texas offers the safest and strongest removable pool safety fence on the market today. Their powder coated, rustproof reinforced aluminum poles meet or exceed all National Safety Council, US Consumer Product Safety Commission and local Barrier Code requirements. All materials are crafted in the U.S.
Their pool safety fences are made from a heavy-duty, vinyl-coated interlock mesh that is designed specifically for the Pool Fence industry. The fence is lined with marine-grade vinyl borders, sewn with double stitched nylon thread the same way racing sails are made for yachts. All latches and screws are stainless steel and are guaranteed not to rust or corrode.
Pool Guard Texas also offers an optional fully removable, self-closing gate that is self-latching and key lockable. Their gates use Tru-Close hinges and Magna-Latch locks.
Pool Guard Texas is one of the few companies in the industry who back up their products with a limited Lifetime Warranty. Although a pool fence is not substitute for parental supervision, it can give parents additional peace of mind. The pool is protected.
For additional information on “Pool Guard Texas Announces Summer Backyard Pool Safety Tips For Kids” or any of the products described in the release please contact Leslie at 214.334.1343 or email@example.com additional information is also available at their website http://www.poolguardtexas.com
About Pool Guard Texas
Pool Guard Texas is located in Houston, Texas and serves Houston, Dallas, Austin and surrounding areas. Pool Guard swimming pool fencing products have been manufactured and installed for over 30 years by our family owned and run company. Pool Guard Texas offers its clients the installation of removable pool safety fencing and self-closing, self-latching gates.