Charleston, SC, August 04, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Being Charleston's fastest growing community portal, HobnobCharleston wants to make sure trend setters and leaders in the business community are recognized for their contributions. Poised to set record annual volume and revenue by 3rd Quarter 2009, Daniel Island Mortgage has bucked the trend of a slow down in lending. Hobnobcharleston talked with the President of DIM, Gary Harwyn, to find out more about his impressive work and his exciting 5 year anniversary.
July 2009 marks the 5-year anniversary of, Daniel Island Mortgage, Inc. a Charleston based mortgage broker serving all of South Carolina. Founded in 2004 by President, Gary Harwyn, Daniel Island Mortgage (DIM) has realized steady year-to-year growth in its short history. Over the past five years, DIM has grown to become the preferred lender for developers and clients seeking fast, reliable, and low-cost mortgage financing. They have far exceeded their initial company expectations and have reached a number of significant milestones. Since its inception in 2004, DIM has successfully improved year after year in nearly all measurable corporate categories.
• Funding – Funded in excess of $250M in residential mortgage loans accounting for $3.7M in gross revenues.
• Clients – Successfully helped over 850 clients with approximately 1200 mortgage transactions
• Employment – Increased staff from 4 to a team of 12, made up of 10 loan officers with 2 full time processors. Recognized for doubling its sales force in 2008.
• Retention - It’s 3 Vice Presidents, Gabe Tuvek, Kent Austin, and William Payne, have been with the company nearly all 5 years of operation. Additionally, Sarah McLean, Office Manager and Processor has been with the company nearly 5 years as well.
• Program Diversity – Added Government lending to its product line including FHA/HUD, VA, USDA, and SC State Housing Authority programs.
• Green Mortgage Lending – In February 2009 they became the nation’s first local provider for myEnergyLoan, the nation’s leading green mortgage program. Daniel Island Mortgage has been a featured presenter at numerous green events and workshops throughout SC.
• Charity – Has shown a commitment to helping the community by provided nearly $15,000 in charitable contributions supporting a wide variety of causes and organizations.
In a market where the vast majority of mortgage brokers, banks, and lenders are struggling or shutting their doors, DIM has proven they have strength, flexibility and solid reputation to do just the opposite. In fact, May 2009 was a record month for transactions, volume, and revenue. At its current 2009 pace, they will exceed all time annual earning and volume goals heading into the 3rd quarter.
"Looking back over the past 5 years I'm most proud of the reputation our company has maintained for providing friendly and ethical service to our clients and lending partners," reflected Gary. "Despite the daily challenges we face as a small mortgage broker we have a loyal, cohesive, and experienced team who are truly dedicated to serving all parties throughout the value chain. The most important virtue of any mortgage professional is integrity and this trait is evident in all we do. It’s edified in our actions, by our growing referral base, and the positive feedback we receive from our clients and partners on a regular basis. "