Career Development Scholarship Open to Safety Professionals, Engineers, Reliability Professionals, Risk Managers and Performance Improvement Professionals
Career Development Scholarships are open to safety professionals, engineers, reliability professionals, risk managers and performance improvement professionals. Scholarships provide financial support for attendance at the Career Development Track at the 2009 TapRooT® Summit, October 7-9 at the Sheraton Downtown Nashville Hotel, Nashville, Tennessee.
* seeking employment
* advancing their careers or
* changing careers
The Career Development Track includes nine in-depth sessions. Scholarship recipients have the opportunity to advance their careers with advice from career development experts in these sessions:
1. Combine a Super Resume with a Social Network to Find Your Next Job
2. Job Interview Communication Skills
3. Inspire the Leader Within – Learn to Coach Yourself
4. How Can a Corporate Recruiter Help Your Career?*
5. What is Your Career Plan?
6. Flipping the Switch: Living the QBQ! with Keynote Speaker and Author: John Miller
And learn best practices in these sessions:
7. TapRooT® User Best Practice Sharing Forum
8. How TapRooT® Fits into Proactive Improvement
9. Practical Tools to Stop Worker Error
Also, scholarship recipients will attend 5 keynote sessions including “Lessons Learned from Success” with Fox News Channel’s E.D. Hill, receive an invitation to the reception/70’s dance party on Wednesday night, and enjoy lunch on Wednesday and Thursday.
The full cost of registration for the Career Development Track is $995. Scholarship applicants may apply for funds in any amount needed to attend this track up to the full cost of registration. Scholarships are awarded after review of applications received based on availability of funds and the applicant’s financial need. System Improvements cannot guarantee a scholarship award to every applicant and scholarships awarded may cover only part of the cost of registration.
The deadline to apply is September 15, 2009. Contact Barbara at 865-539-2139 for an application.