Atlanta, GA, December 02, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- I – Context and Reasons Behind This Development
Continuing to redevelop its machine range in order to meet hygiene and access requirements (new machines with a cantilever structure: side loader, wrap around packer, tray packer, etc.), Cermex has redesigned its combined-function top loader (SD39 model) so that the cantilever concept can be adapted to the already proven basis of this machine.
- Reduced footprint
- Develop a new loading unit with numerical axes to complement the existing range of Cermex top loading case packers.
II – General Concept Of This New Solution
Cermex is introducing an application in the personal care field handling bottles of shampoo. The SD top loader could also easily be an ideal solution to collate and case pack tubes. This combined-function machine (product collation, case forming, loading, gluing/pressing) runs at a speed of 216 products per minute.
This innovation is based on the principle of a central beam supporting the case driving system (from the forming station to the gluing/pressing station) giving clear access at ground level to the case and product handling parts within the heart of the machine.
III – Details Of The New Developments
- Design of a new generation of numerical axes (support mast and case driving system)
- Case transfer arm ensuring case stability during the various operations (forming, loading, sealing)
- Case magazine positioned parallel to the product infeed, rendering the machine even more compact and easy to access
- Retraction of the extracting arm during the case transfer phase in order to avoid wear and tear on the suction cups due to rubbing
- Innovative design of sliding guard doors.
IV – Technical Characteristics
- Payload: up to 35kg
- Speed: up to 25 cases/min depending on the product formats and collations.
V – Markets
- Personal and/or Pharmaceutical Care
- Home care
VI – Advantages For The Customer
- Total access
- Easy cleaning
- Compact footprint
- General machine ergonomics
- High mechanical performance: speed, smoothness and accuracy of loading mast