New York, NY, December 04, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- Private Equity Leaders Forum 2009, "Buying a Failed Bank: Opportunities and Pitfalls" (http://www.PrivateEquityLeadersForum.com), December 11th, New York City, is expected to draw more than 700 business executives for informative and enlightening discussions, on the pros and cons of acquiring troubled banks, with experienced private equity executives, investors, managers, bankers, lawyers and practitioners from leading firms, including:
· Ralph Deppisch, Principal, Luminous Ventures
· Kenneth DiLaura, Chairman of the Board, Lakeside Community Bank
· Richard Hollowell, Managing Director, Alvarez & Marsal
· Lawrence Kaplan, Of Counsel, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
· Timothy McIntee, Chairman of the Board, Platinum Bank
· Ira Perlmuter, Managing Partner, T5 Equity Partners
· Kevin Petrasic, Of Counsel, Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP
· David Rom, Chief Executive Officer, Platinum Bank
· Jeff Schachter, Managing Director, Greystone & Co.
· Jeffrey Smith, Managing Director, Provident Group Ltd
· Norman Villarina, Partner, Industry Capital
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation has eased its restrictions on private equity firms buying banks and is now looking to private equity firms to rescue some of the 124 banks that have fallen in the recession and those that are expected to in the next few months. If buyers like private equity firms do not purchase these banks, the FDIC will have to cover the failed banks with its $13 billion insurance fund. Although some private equity firms have already moved to buy stakes in banks, many seem to have been staying in the sidelines. Private Equity Leaders Forum 2009, “Buying a Failed Bank: Opportunities and Pitfalls”, will examine the dynamic opportunities and potential pitfalls for private equity firms and financial institutions exploring buying a troubled bank from the FDIC.
This forum is produced by GoldenNetworking.com, the premier networking community for business executives, entrepreneurs, professionals and diplomats, to experience what’s hot, new and next. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including a recent article in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html).