Mountain View, CA, December 17, 2009 --(PR.com
)-- A common perception is that telehealth applications represent the big opportunity for wireless sensor networks in healthcare applications. As a result applications such as asset tracking, which provides both a clear and predictable ROI and near term revenue, are often overlooked.
"In the U.S., millions of people are in senior care situations such as adult day care, independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing facilities, and continuing care retirement centers", said Kirsten West PhD, Principal Analyst with WTRS. "Most facilities view the assistive and monitoring technology as assets that will last for 30 years. Thus as an open and interoperable standard with a long term road map, ZigBee provides a key benefit to manufacturers that produce and support products for this market."
The WTRS Wireless Sensor Network Technology Trends Report analyzes and forecasts the market for wireless sensor networks. The report includes a thorough evaluation of emerging Wireless Sensor Network technologies and associated software including ZigBee, IEEE 802.15.4, Low Power WiFi, EnOcean, and others.
The report also:
1. analyzes the potential market opportunities for component OEMs
2. forecasts the market for ZigBee modules
3. evaluates energy harvesting technologies applicable to wireless sensor networks
4. examines initial versus long-range drivers in the market
5. analyzes potential partnership opportunities and existing alliances
6. tracks the formation of industry alliances and SIGs
7. contains an in-depth assessment and analysis of chipset features
8. describes the development of standards
9. analyzes potential markets for wireless sensor networks
10. evaluates OEM activities
11. reviews strategic partnerships and industry trends
The report provides 5-year forecasts of dominant emerging wireless sensor network technologies that detail sales volume, unit shipments, and average selling price by vertical market segment as well as by geography. Applications forecast include Agriculture, Building Automation, Consumer, Home Area Network, Industrial Automation, Medical/Healthcare, Security, Smart Metering, and Transportation. Historical price and volume data is also included.
Report Title: WTRS Wireless Sensor Network Technology Trends Report, Q4 2009
No. Pages: 103 pages
Publication Date: December 15, 2009
More information at www.wtrs.net/wsntechtrends.htm
WTRS (West Technology Research Solutions) is a California based research, publishing and consulting company providing the leading viewpoint on emerging wireless technologies, markets and applications. With a ten-year record of successful growth, we're ready to help your company make market decisions and plan for the future.