New York, NY, January 27, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The decision by a group of investors led by Tishman Speyer Properties to give up Manhattan's Peter Cooper Village and Stuyvesant Town apartment complex to its creditors will be dissected by high-profile distressed real estate experts at GoldenNetworking.com's highly anticipated Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010, February 26th, New York City, hosted by Kirkland & Ellis. More than 300 members of the Distressed Investing community, including business executives, professionals and entrepreneurs in private equity firms, hedge funds, financial sponsors, investment banks, limited and general partnerships, lenders, accounting and law firms, and portfolio companies, will meet in New York City to obtain crucial insights they can act upon immediately.
As reported in The Wall Street Journal, "the property's owners signaled they would be unable to reach a deal with lenders and instead decided to allow creditors to proceed with what amounts to an orderly deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, which means a borrower voluntarily gives the property back to lenders to avoid a foreclosure proceeding. The troubles at Stuyvesant Town reflect the dismal condition of the apartment market throughout the country as high unemployment hammers rents and occupancy levels. Hardest-hit are highly leveraged deals done by private companies that, unlike large public real-estate companies, have been closed out of the capital markets."
The list of speakers and panelists who will participate at GoldenNetworking.com's Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 is being updated continuously and currently includes:
· Mr. Bruce Ferguson, Managing Partner, Apex Fundamental Partners LLC
· Mr. Carl Trop, Principal, Greyfields
· Mr. Craig Noell, Managing Partner, Signature Capital Partners
· Mr. Dan Sobol, Portfolio Manager, Loews Corporation
· Mr. Debashis Bhattacharya, Senior ABS Portfolio Manager, Fortis Investments
· Mr. Ed del Hierro, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
· Ms. Elonna Ashurova, Managing Director of Asset Management & Acquisition, EvestMAC, LLC
· Mr. Gary Axelrod, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
· Mr. Gregory Corona, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Lakewood Capital, LLC
· Mr. Ira Perlmuter, Managing Partner, T5 Equity Partners
· Mr. James McCarthy, Chief Investment Officer, Strategic Capital Solutions, LLC
· Mr. Jeff Schachter, Managing Director, Greystone & Co.
· Mr. Jonathan Henes, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
· Mr. John Stark, Managing Director, Financial Restructuring Group, Oppenheimer & Co., Inc.
· Mr. Josh Wolf-Powers, Founding Partner, Blue Wolf Capital Management LLC
· Mr. Matthew Baron, Principal, Simon Development Group
· Mr. Navin Nagrani, Vice President, Hilco Real Estate
· Mr. Robert Koltai, Managing Principal, Hain Capital Group, LLC
· Mr. Scott Eisenberg, Managing Partner, Amherst Partners LLC
· Mr. Vipal Monga, Senior Writer, The Deal LLC
Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.com (http://www.goldennetworking.com), the premier networking community for businessmen, entrepreneurs, professionals and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant Edgar Perez. Upcoming Leaders Forums include:
· Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times" (http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com), March 18th, 2010, New York City
· Banking M&A Leaders Forum 2010, "Have Deal-Making Hit Bottom Yet?" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), March 25th, 2010, Washington DC
· Venture Capital Leaders Forum 2010 (http://www.VCLeadersForum.com), April 15th, 2010, Boston, MA
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010 (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), April 22nd, 2010, New York City
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including a recent article in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html).