Simon Property Group's Unsolicited Offer for General Growth Properties to be Discussed at GoldenNetworking.com's Distressed Investing Conference
Simon Property Group on Tuesday finally made an unsolicited $10 billion offer for General Growth Properties, its bankrupt rival; GoldenNetworking.com's Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 to analyze recent developments in the distressed real estate market
"Over the last year, Simon has been building up its war chest to prepare for acquisitions to take advantage of depressed commercial real estate prices, with General Growth squarely in its sights. It said on Tuesday that its offer would be largely financed by its cash on hand and existing credit agreements. In the world of mall operators, gaining size and scale gives companies greater bargaining power over their tenants, especially the national retailers whose stores serve as anchors." The wisdom of Simon' strategy will be the subject of discussion and debate among a distinguished cast of distressed investing leaders, practitioners, private equity investors and professional advisors at GoldenNetworking.com's Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010, February 26th, New York City.
Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.com (http://www.goldennetworking.com), the premier networking community for businessmen, entrepreneurs, professionals and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant Edgar Perez. Upcoming Leaders Forums and Business Networking receptions include:
· High-Frequency Trading Happy Hour (http://www.HFTHappyHour.com), March 1st, 2010, New York City
· Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times" (http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com), March 18th, 2010, New York City
· Banking M&A Leaders Forum 2010, "Have Deal-Making Hit Bottom Yet?" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), March 25th, 2010, Washington DC
· Venture Capital Leaders Forum 2010, "Setting the Stage for Transformational Change" (http://www.VCLeadersForum.com), April 16th, 2010, Boston, MA
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010 (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), April 22nd, 2010, New York City
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including a recent article in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html).