Plano, TX, February 20, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Intertek, a global leader in testing, inspection and certification, will be hosting a complimentary seminar (including lunch and tour) on HAZLOC and EMC product requirements for U.S. and international markets. This seminar is pertinent if you are an engineer testing in potentially explosive environments or testing appliances, medical equipment, industrial, or telecom equipment for EMC. The half-day event will begin with HAZLOC presenters, Lisa-Marie Martin and Ryan Parks, followed by EMC presenters, William Cullen and Sadish Campbell.
Date is Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Where: 1809 10th St., Suite 400, Plano, TX
First Session: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
· General principles for North American & International Classification of Hazardous Areas
· Routes to Compliance for N.A., Europe (ATEX) & other international markets (IECEx)
· Typical problems that arise during the certification process
· How to avoid costly delays
· Features of new EMC lab:
o 3-meter Semi-Anechoic Testing chamber for testing up to 18GHz.
o Test capabilities include FCC, Industry Canada and EMC Directive for CE marking on Information Technology, Medical, Industrial, Laboratory and Wireless equipment.
o A2LA (American Association for Laboratory Accreditation) and CB Scheme accredited for testing CISPR, EN and IEC standards.
Second Session: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
· What makes a good EMC chamber
· How to bundle EMC & safety to get your product tested faster
· Update on EMC trends & influential standards of 2010
· How to avoid failure during EMC testing
Registration is free for qualified engineers or specialists in HAZLOC, EMC and safety testing. Visit: http://www.intertek.com/hazlocplano to register.
Intertek is a leading provider of quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world. From auditing and inspection, to testing, quality assurance and certification, Intertek people are dedicated to adding value to customers’ products and processes, supporting their success in the global marketplace. For more information, visit: http://www.intertek.com