New York, NY, March 08, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- William Sherer, Director and senior member of the Financial Sponsors Coverage Group in Houlihan Lokey's New York office, will participate at GoldenNetworking.com's Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010, March 9th, in New York City, joining an exceptional faculty of top business and investment minds, who will provide the most up to date review of the complexities that arise investing in Distressed Financial Assets, Debt and Commercial and Residential Real Estate.
Before joining Houlihan Lokey, Mr. Sherer completed financings and M&A transactions working with corporate and financial investors across a spectrum of industries. He has 25 years' experience as an investment banker and principal. Mr. Sherer previously provided advisory services to clients pursuing M&A initiatives, refinancings and restructurings (in and out of bankruptcy) at Benedetto Gartland & Company. His responsibilities also included sourcing private equity clients considering the use of an agent to access the institutional market for partnership capital.
As first vice president in the Investment Banking Division of PaineWebber, Mr. Sherer was responsible for providing advisory services to private equity and venture capital organizations, as well as evaluating direct equity and partnership investments. Earlier, he developed and completed corporate acquisitions and provided strategic and financial guidance to portfolio companies as a principal at Freeman Spogli, a private equity partnership.
Mr. Sherer began his Wall Street career as Vice President at Kidder Peabody, executing a variety of investment banking transactions for public and private companies. Prior to that he worked as a CPA at Arthur Young. Mr. Sherer received a B.S. in economics from the University of California at Riverside and an M.B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley. He is registered with FINRA as a General Securities Representative (Series 7 and 63) and a Limited Representative – Investment Banking (Series 79).
Distressed Investing Leaders Forum 2010 is produced by GoldenNetworking.com (http://www.goldennetworking.com), the premier networking community for businessmen, entrepreneurs, professionals and diplomats, founded by former McKinsey consultant Edgar Perez. Upcoming Leaders Forums and Business Networking receptions include:
· High-Frequency Trading Experts Forum 2010, "Starting and Running a High-Frequency Trading Operation" (http://www.HFTExpertsForum.com), March 18th, 2010, New York City
· Hedge Funds Leaders Forum 2010, "Generating Alpha in Challenging Times" (http://www.HedgeFundsLeadersForum.com), March 18th, 2010, New York City
· Banking Leaders Forum 2010, "Avoiding Minefields in the New Regulatory Landscape" (http://www.BankingLeadersForum.com), March 25th, 2010, Washington DC
· Venture Capital Leaders Forum 2010, "Setting the Stage for Transformational Change" (http://www.VCLeadersForum.com), April 16th, 2010, Boston, MA
· Real Estate Leaders Forum 2010, "Successfully Investing in Distressed Real Estate Assets" (http://www.RealEstateLeadersForum.com), April 22nd, 2010, New York City
Panelists, speakers and sponsors are invited to contact GoldenNetworking.com by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. GoldenNetworking.com has been frequently featured in the press, including a recent article in The New York Times, "GoldenNetworking.com Helps Job Seekers Make Overseas Connections" (http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/07/nyregion/07network.html).