Raleigh, NC, March 13, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Mary Poole, executive director of Artspace (www.artspacenc.org), has announced that the visual art center will hold a project-oriented youth, teen and adult summer art program. The program, which takes place from June 14 through Aug. 14 for children and April 30 through Aug. 14 for adults, provides an opportunity for students to work directly with professional artists who teach new skills and individual expression.
Every summer Artspace provides up to 50 financial need-based youth scholarships to help make its classes more accessible. Based upon the recommendations of area teachers, up to 50 students receive scholarships to fully cover the expenses of attending Artspace for a full-day, week-long program.
“Artspace is excited about our 21st summer of this program,” said Poole. “We strive to make art education accessible to our entire community through scholarships and a variety of classes for all age groups.”
New Media Content:
Artspace’s Twitter page: http://twitter.com/artspacenc
- More information about the Summer Arts Program and the Scholarship Fund can be found on Artspace’s Web site at http://www.artspacenc.org/summer_arts.html.
- Oscar Gillespie will be the 2010 Summer Artist-In-Residence, focusing on engraving techniques.
- Participants may send in registration forms by mail or fax. Phone registration is also available at (919) 821-2787.
- Adult classes will run from April 30 through Aug. 14.
- Artspace seeks contributions of any denomination to the Scholarship Fund.
Artspace is a nonprofit visual art center dedicated to providing arts education and community outreach programs, creating an environment of more than 100 professional artists and presenting nationally acclaimed exhibitions. Located in downtown Raleigh in the historic Sanders Ford building, Artspace has been providing the community with the opportunity to interact with working artists and to participate in hands-on arts education since 1986. For more information about Artspace, exhibitions or membership, please visit www.artspacenc.org.
MMI Public Relations