Raleigh, NC, March 21, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The Triangle Technology Executives Council (www.ncttec.net), a nonprofit organization dedicated to continuous education and economic development of technology companies in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina, has announced sponsorship of two annual scholarships for students in the Triangle colleges, universities and technical schools who are pursuing an IT-related career. There will be an annual award of a first place scholarship of $6,000 and a second place award of $4,000. The awards are to be paid directly to the educational institution to cover tuition, room and board, and books.
“The resources and commitment of our TTEC members have enabled us to sponsor these scholarships,” said Jeff Kramer, vice president of technology of Hosted Solutions and chairman of the TTEC board. “This scholarship program is evidence of TTEC’s continued commitment to the educational growth and development of IT students studying at colleges, universities and technical schools in the Triangle.”
“We are so pleased to sponsor this scholarship program,” said Martha Hoelzer, TTEC’s manager of membership and event management and founder and owner of A Breath of Fresh Air Photography in Carrboro, N.C. “We have more than 50 IT executives functioning as one-on-one mentors to IT students in the community, and our mentorship and scholarship programs are growing.”
- For more inclusive details about the TTEC scholarship, please visit www.ncttec.com.
To qualify a student must:
- Be an active TTEC student member (students may apply for this free membership at www.ncttec.net )
- Be an active full-time student in a North Carolina university, college or technical school and pursuing a career in an IT-related field
- Plan to graduate in the spring of 2011 or later
- Have achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher out of 4.0
- Participate in an IT internship during the summer of 2010
- TTEC officers and their families are not eligible for the scholarship program
To apply a student must:
- Be hired as an intern during the summer of 2010
- Apply for the TTEC Scholarship through the TTEC Web site at www.ncttec.net after being accepted as a TTEC student member
- Obtain the current academic transcripts for all universities, colleges and technical schools attended and upload them electronically via the TTEC Web site
- Obtain a recommendation from one of the student’s professors or instructors indicating the student’s academic qualifications and upload the recommendation electronically via the TTEC Web site
- Submit an application on or before June 15 for the current academic year
About Triangle Technology Executives Council:
The Triangle Technology Executives Council (TTEC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the economic development of technology companies in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina through the collaboration among leaders in the management community. The council resources are primarily volunteers comprised of executive technology leadership in this region. TTEC sponsors who share the commitment for economic development in the area provide additional resources. The organization also partners with local universities and the Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) to extend shared expertise to aspiring students and technology ventures. For more information please visit www.ncttec.net.
MMI Public Relations