Raleigh, NC, March 28, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. (CB&H) (www.cbh.com) has announced that Michelle Thompson, audit partner and consulting partner at the firm, has been appointed treasurer for the Research Triangle chapter of The National Funding Association (www.nationalfunding.org). The NFA is a networking organization for financial professionals from every financial category such as investment bankers, accountants, brokers, venture capitalists, bankers, and asset-based lenders.
“The newly-launched Research Triangle chapter of the National Funding Association is a great addition to our business community,” said Thompson. “I am pleased to serve on the board of directors as treasurer, and I look forward to assisting with the organization’s growth strategy.”
New Media Content:
Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. Blog
- Thompson’s role at CB&H primarily involves the Government Services and Government Contracting groups. In Government Services, she serves as an audit partner as well as a consulting partner for the Risk Management Group, which she leads. As audit partner, she handles Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, internal controls, information technology and financial consulting issues.
- As director of risk management at CB&H, Thompson is responsible for strategic planning, resource assessment and utilization, quality control, service approach and methodology and training for delivery of the firm’s Financial and Information Technology Internal Control Services.
- Thompson has practiced public accounting since 1992 and is licensed to practice in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- The NFA has existing chapters in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland and Nashville.
- The inaugural meeting of the Research Triangle’s NFA chapter was in September 2009.
About Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P.:
For more than 60 years, Cherry, Bekaert & Holland, L.L.P. (CB&H) has provided high-quality financial and management services to a diverse and successful client base. As an innovative and highly professional certified public accounting (CPA) and consulting firm, CB&H serves as a valued advisor to more than 25,000 clients by providing guidance on important operational and individual matters. Ranked among the top 30 accounting firms in the nation, CB&H is uniquely positioned to impart quality, cost-effective and practical advice to clients that include multinational corporations, private businesses, nonprofit organizations, governmental entities, emerging or startup firms and successful individuals. As one of the largest regional CPA firms headquartered in the Southeast, CB&H's resource network stretches across six states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia, and nationally and internationally through an alliance with Baker Tilly International Limited, an association of independent accounting and consulting firms. For more information, visit www.cbh.com.
About The National Funding Association, Inc.:
The National Funding Association, Inc. is a networking organization for financial professionals from every financial category such as investment bankers, accountants, brokers, venture capitalists, bankers, and asset based lenders. As a dynamic professional networking association, the NFA is dedicated to providing its members and associates with the financial knowledge and tools to reach their business potential through networking. NFA members offer services from commercial finance, commercial lending, equipment lending, bridge financing, and more. The NFA was founded in 1991 in Charlotte, N.C. by Bud Wilson, Barry Yelton and Warren Shinn and currently has active chapters in Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Cleveland and Nashville. For more information, visit www.nationalfunding.org.
MMI Public Relations