Portland, OR, November 13, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- The fourth annual Better Living Show will be held Friday, March 25 through Sunday, March 27, 2011 at the Portland Expo Center. Free to the public, this fun and entertaining three-day festival is designed to empower attendees to become more thoughtful consumers and lessen their impact on the environment by learning about high-performance, earth-friendly products and services. This is one of the largest gatherings of sustainably-minded people nation-wide, with an average of 18,000 attendees and 300 exhibiting companies last year.
New to the 2011 Better Living Show is the World’s #2 Eco Athlete, Atlanta Falcon fullback Ovie Mughelli. His mission is to teach underprivileged kids how to go green and become more responsible stewards of the planet. At the show, Ovie will give kids (and kids at heart) a run through his recycling gridiron.
In addition to Ovie, the 2011 Better Living Show is packed with information and entertainment for the entire family, including hundreds of exhibitors and speakers in the lifestyle, home and garden, transportation, food and beverage, clean technology, and conservation sectors. A few of the show’s highlights include:
· The latest in sustainable fashion and beauty products, including international makeup artist Kristen Arnett. The stylist for The Better Living Show’s Fashion Show, Kristen will also speak from the main stage and share professional makeup artist tips and the hottest green beauty products. Show attendees will even have the chance to win a personal makeup session with Kristen.
· A new electric vehicle pavilion featuring electric charging stations, the latest in electric vehicles and other eco-friendly transportation options.
· Access to experts in everything from energy conservation to solar technologies to raising chickens.
· Sampling local food and organic beer and wine.
· A kids activity area where children can interact with nature and learn how to care for the environment.
Visit www.betterlivingshow.org for details on Ovie’s appearance and all of the other show features.
The Better Living Show is a volunteer-run event, and those interested in participating can sign up on the Better Living Show website at http://www.betterlivingshow.org/Volunteer.htm.
About the 2011 Better Living Show
· What: The Better Living Show– Portland’s premier sustainable lifestyle festival and the largest event of its kind in the Pacific Northwest
· When: Friday, March 25 from noon – 9 p.m.; Saturday, March 26 from 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.; and Sunday, March 27 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
· Where: The Portland Expo Center located at 2060 N Marine Drive in Portland, Ore.
· Why: A fun and refreshing place for consumers to learn about healthy and practical lifestyle products and services that lessen their impact on the environment and help them live their best life.
· Admission: Free
· For more information: www.betterlivingshow.org.