Raleigh, NC, November 17, 2010 --(PR.com
)-- Allscripts (http://www.allscripts.com), a leading provider of innovative software for healthcare organizations and physicians, received the 2010 Excellence Award: Fastest Growing Company by the North Carolina Technology Association (NCTA). The award was presented at the NCTA 21 Awards Gala held on November 10 at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham. Competitors in the category were goodmortage.com, iContact and Varrow.
“This award is testament to our Allscripts employees and what they deliver to our clients every day,” said Allscripts Chief Executive Officer Glen Tullman. “We are bringing our vision—a connected community of health—to every physician, hospital and healthcare organization involved in caring for a patient. With a base of more than 50,000 physician offices using our solutions, innovative product and process offerings, and the best people in the industry, we are transforming the way information is used to achieve the best outcomes for patients.”
The award recognizes companies that had employee or revenue growth in North Carolina. Allscripts focuses exclusively on healthcare information technology. Allscripts calendar 2009 revenue was approximately $660 million and it employs 5,500 employees worldwide, including more than 1,000 in Raleigh. The company was ranked No. 22 on Fortune magazine’s 2010 list of the world’s “100 Fastest-Growing Companies.”
New Media Content:
- The NCTA 21 Awards is North Carolina’s most prestigious annual statewide technology awards program, recognizing companies and individuals who have characterized excellence, innovation and leadership.
- The NCTA 21 Awards Gala included a reception and dinner, followed by the awards presentation.
- The theme for this year’s event was “A License To Excel.”
- Faisal Mushtaq, Senior Vice President, Development, received the award on behalf of Allscripts.
- The full list of 2010 NCTA 21 award winners is available online at: http://www.nctechnology.org/get-involved/signature_events/21_awards/winners_page.aspx.
About About Allscripts:
Allscripts provides innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. The company’s clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions for hospitals, physicians and post-acute organizations are the essential technologies that enable a connected healthcare community. To learn more about Allscripts, please visit www.allscripts.com, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
MMI Public Relations