New York, NY, April 17, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Knowledge Group/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series, the leading producer of regulatory focused webcasts, has announced that Howard B. Steinberg, Partner, National Tax Restructuring Leader, KPMG LLP will speak at the Knowledge Congress’ webcast entitled: “The Bankruptcy Code Section 363 Explored Live Webcast.” This event is scheduled on August 5, 2011 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm ET. (For further details, please visit: http://www.knowledgecongress.org/event_2011_section363.html)
Section 363 of the Bankruptcy code has introduced a number of new issues that practitioners must make themselves aware of in order to sufficiently mitigate as much of the downside as possible during bankruptcy proceedings.
The Knowledge Group is producing a 2-hour live webcast that will provide clear, up-to-date insights in Bankruptcy Code Section 363 including:
- Bankruptcy Code Section 363 - Overview
- Vital differences between § 363 sales and the Chapter 11
- Sales of bankrupt businesses under § 363
- Advantages of using Bankruptcy Code Section 363 to debtors and purchasers of distressed companies
- Legal and Non-legal Sale Process
- Risks of using § 363 sales
- Up-to-the-minute legal and regulatory updates
About Howard B. Steinberg
Howard Steinberg is a Partner, Mergers and Acquisitions Tax, New York and National Leader-Tax Restructuring and Corporate Recovery, at KPMG LLP.
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, The Wharton School at The University of Pennsylvania; Masters of Business Administration (Beta Gamma Sigma distinction), Columbia University
• Licensed CPA in New York
• Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
• Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (“CIRA”)
• Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
• Member of the National Conference of Lawyers & CPAs Committee
• Appointed to the Chairman’s 25 KPMG leadership group
• Howard has provided tax structuring and diligence advice with respect to numerous transactions, including transactions in excess of $1 billion in various industries
• Howard specializes in providing tax restructuring advisory. He has advised numerous debtor corporations through bankruptcy reorganization. Howard has provided tax structuring and due diligence services to strategic and financial clients in connection with multi-billion dollar acquisitions of bankrupt/distressed companies.
• Howard was admitted to the partnership in 1998.
• Howard is a frequent speaker at tax industry functions
About KPMG LLP
KPMG LLP, the U.S. audit, tax and advisory services firm, operates from 87 offices with more than 23,000 employees and partners throughout the U.S. Our purpose is to turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets.
For more information on Howard B. Steinberg and KPMG LLP, please visit: www.kpmg.com
About The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress Live Webcast Series
The Knowledge Congress was established with the mission to produce unbiased, objective, and educational live webinars that examine industry trends and regulatory changes from a variety of different perspectives. The goal is to deliver a unique multilevel analysis of an important issue affecting business in a highly focused format.
To contact or register to an event, please visit: www.knowledgecongress.org.