Raleigh, NC, May 26, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce (http://www.raleighchamber.org/) has announced it has been recognized with the 2011 award for Communication Excellence on behalf of the We Open Doors Every Day campaign by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (http://www.acce.org/), a national association uniquely serving individuals involved in the management of chambers of all sizes. The 27th annual gold award honors the achievements of outstanding chamber communication programs, campaigns and projects, while enhancing professional development through evaluation of overall communication efforts.
“We are honored to be recognized by ACCE with the Communication Excellence award,” said Harvey Schmitt, President and CEO of The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce. “Our communications team, members and staff worked very hard to share the mission of the Chamber throughout our community.
“Response to the campaign has been excellent and having our professional peers recognize the work and our message is special.”
- The ACCE was established in 1914 and is dedicated to supporting and developing chamber professionals, enhancing career growth and assisting members in leading businesses and their participating communities.
- Following the gold award recognition, the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce will be one of nine finalists in the advertisement category at the annual ACCE Convention running for best in show.
- All candidates were evaluated on a four-part points system which included the submitted communication piece, supporting documents, synopsis and summary of entry.
- The ad campaign, created by Clean Design, is an initiative developed by the Chamber’s Marketing Partners Task Force and was co-chaired by John Idler, president and general manager of ABC11 and Patty Briguglio, president of MMI Public Relations.
- For more information on the ACCE and its resources, visit http://www.acce.org/ or call (703) 998-0072.
About The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce is the largest membership organization in Wake County, consisting of more than 2,400 members and representing more than 66 percent of private sector employment in the triangle. The Chamber of Commerce promotes community education, sports, entertainment, and history programs, as well as business and company networking opportunities. For more information, visit http://www.raleighchamber.org.
MMI Public Relations