Atlanta, GA, October 26, 2011 --(PR.com
)-- TechAmerica Georgia has extended the deadline for nominations for the Spirit of Endeavor Awards to October 28th, 2011. The ninth annual awards, hosted by the Technology Association of Georgia and TechAmerica Georgia, recognize and celebrate innovative technology companies and individuals in Georgia that drive new ideas, invigorate the community and lead people through technology. To submit nominations for the Spirit of Endeavor Awards, complete the online nomination form located at http://www.tagonline.org/SOE-Nomination-form.php.
Award categories include:
· Outstanding Leadership -- presented to an individual who has demonstrated superior leadership in the technology community and serves as a “model” to inspire others to invent.
· Technology Entrepreneur – presented to an individual who has brought technology to the market and demonstrates entrepreneurial achievements to the technology industry.
· Emerging Business – presented to a young company that is recognized for its success in the marketplace and has significant revenue growth and/or success in the technology industry.
· Technology Innovation – presented to an individual that demonstrates leadership in innovation, inventing or repurposing technology and for the development of breakthrough technology.
· Cool Technology – presented to a company that has developed and/or introduced a new product (hardware, software or technology service product) within the last 18 months. Cool Technology will be determined by onsite text voting and presented to a company that has provided a “cutting edge, hip new idea” in the technology industry.
· Workforce Readiness – this new award will be presented to the 2011 TAG-Ed Student Internship Program mentor company that provided the best opportunity to prepare the company’s student intern for a career in technology. The company will receive a Frabel award and the student will receive a scholarship.
Winners of the 2011 Spirit of Endeavor Awards will be announced during a breakfast ceremony from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on December 9, 2011, at Twelve Hotel, Atlantic Station in Atlanta. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit the TAG Education Collaborative.
The 2011 Spirit of Endeavor Awards are sponsored by Platinum sponsor Concurrent, Gold sponsor ASAP Solutions Group, and Silver sponsor Burnette Insurance, CresaPartners and Intel. Sponsorship opportunities are still available and can be purchased by going to www.123signup.com/event?id=vmmqy.
For additional information on sponsorship opportunities, nomination information, award criteria as well as event registration, please visit: www.tagonline.org/Spirit-of-Endeavor.php or contact Kate Kelsey at 404.920.2012 or Kate@tagonline.org.
About TechAmerica Georgia
TechAmerica is the largest and strongest voice and resource for technology in the United States and is the industry's leading trade association. TechAmerica Georgia, formerly TechAmerica Southeast, was created in late 2009 under a unique partnership between TechAmerica and the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), which provides operational management for the organization. TAG is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 14,000 members and hosting over 170 events each year. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. For more information visit the about TechAmerica Georgia and TAG, visit www.tagonline.org.
Press release optimization services provided by Atlanta SEO Company Vayu Media. Vayu Media offers customized search engine optimization strategies to domestic and international companies.