Cincinnnati, OH, January 18, 2012 --(PR.com
)-- When two French immigrant brothers, Francois de Sales and Michel Verdin came to the Cincinnati area from Alsace, France in 1837, they were determined to use their iron forging skills to build clocks in America.
The two brothers immediately established a tower clock business in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood in Cincinnati, where their first documented installation was a clock at Old St. Mary's Church in 1842.
Six generations of Verdin’s and 170 years later, The Verdin Company has grown from that modest beginning to become the industry leader in bells, bell equipment restoration, carillons, and clocks.
One of the nation’s oldest family-owned manufacturers, Verdin is known for innovation — from the electric winder of clocks in 1910 to the first electric bell ringer in 1927, to the largest swinging cast bell in America to the only traveling bell foundry in the world. With a national sales force, a dedicated team of service professionals and international recognition for craftsmanship, Verdin has over 50,000 installations in churches, universities, municipalities and businesses across the country.
“This is a very exciting year for The Verdin Company as we reflect on our extensive history, product innovations, and remember the pioneers who came before us and laid the foundation for our company,” said Jim Verdin, President, The Verdin Company.
“There have been challenges in our history, we met them. When markets changed, we changed with them. When creative, innovative solutions were required, we developed them. When clock and bell businesses closed, we have remained strong to continue to service our customers. We are looking forward to another 170 years of delivering the best products and services to our customers.”