Malmoe, Sweden, May 12, 2007 --(PR.com
)-- Seavus Group, a Microsoft Gold Solution Partner, proudly announces the release of the latest version of Seavus Project Viewer - for viewing Microsoft Project® plans (.mpp files). In addition, to all the great viewing features currently available in the product, Seavus introduces a list of powerful new features in Seavus Project Viewer 2007 Vista Compatible:
• Microsoft® Windows Vista - Seavus Project Viewer now supports the Microsoft® Windows VISTA Operating System. This is in addition to their currently supported platforms (Microsoft® Windows 2000 Professional & Server, Microsoft® Windows XP Home & Professional Edition, Microsoft® Windows 2003 Server.
• Seavus Secure View (.ssv) – this new add-in for Microsoft® Project allows project managers to lock and hide columns that contain information which is not appropriate for certain team members. Once the project plan is saved in .ssv file format, team members can open the file and work with the information that the project managers have determined.
• Password Protected Files Support - Seavus Project Viewer now fully supports opening Password Protected Files. Project managers have the ability to decide to protect the .mpp file for viewing and only appropriate team members can view the project information. For opening the password protected file with Seavus Project Viewer the user must enter the correct password in order to be able to view the project information as prepared by the Project Leader.
• Seavus License Manager – Seavus License Manager is part of the concurrent version of Seavus Project Viewer and maintains the concurrent usage policy. The individual who maintains the Seavus Project Viewer application (usually the Network Administrator) can now see the average number of connections to the application for a specific time period, a detailed report regarding overall usage (i.e. which employee used the application, on which day and time) and a report on general overall usage.
The following features are improved in the NEW version of Seavus Project Viewer:
• Improved Gantt Chart view
• Improved Task Usage view
• Improved Network Diagram view
• Improved working with EasyProjectPlan
• Opens Larger Files Faster
• Improved ODBC Access
• Improved “Save my settings” User Profile
Seavus Project Viewer is a standalone desktop application for opening/viewing/printing Microsoft Project® files (.mpp). It is a fully functional, robust and high quality Viewer which has been specifically designed and developed with a consistent Microsoft Project® look and feel to ensure that all Seavus Project Viewer's Users will have a minimal learning curve and an enriched User experience. The software is installed in more than 150 of the Global 1,000 companies and in hundreds of other companies across the world.
Founded in 1999, today the Seavus Group is an innovative provider of information technology solutions, custom software development, project outsourcing and quality software products. Seavus is well positioned and highly experienced in providing enterprise-wide business solutions, system integration and support to their customers worldwide. Seavus' headquarters are located in Sweden with offices in Denmark, United States, UK and the Balkans. They currently have a staff of over 200 professionals.
With the Seavus global network of partners, resellers and distributors they are able to deliver high quality products and develop, deliver, implement and support projects around the world.